Monday, July 23, 2012

Well, another week passes...

     Hey guys! How are you? It seems to me that you had a pretty good week. So did I, and I look forward to telling it...

     Well, first of all, they did leave my tooth exposed, but I haven`t chewed on it since the operation. On Thursday, they put the new tooth on top. They did fill it with some sort of cement, but it wore off pretty quickly. It doesn`t hurt at all, but it is a little sensitive. But, Mom there is no problems wit my tooth, I`m feeling just fine. 
     This week, Elder Silva left and I got my new companion that will probably be my last. His name is Elder Abàn and he`s from Mendoza Argentina. He`s a way cool guy and I look forward to working with him. 
     On Saturday, we are going to have two baptisms! We are so excited and I will send pictures on Monday. They are so ready to be baptized and the ward is really ready to receive some new members.
     The weather is really weird right now. It doesn`t want to decide whether its going to be cold or not. Somedays, I just work with a long sleeve shirt and other days with my coat and a sweater underneath. But, at least its not hot. 
     I have officially started my second to last transfer here in the mission. I now have less than three months left and its making me sad to think that I will be leaving this country in about two and a half months. I would like to return to visit as just a regular joe, but I don`t know when or how I would do it. I`ll think about that a little further down the road. Thats what kind of stinks about serving a foreign country, is its so incredibly hard to go back and visit after you finish. With money these days, its nearly impossible. So, I`ll just have to make the best of it while I`m here I guess. 
     Gonzalo is a great guy and he helps us out a lot. He speaks wicked good english and he teaches a way better class than me. Yeah, I know english, but knowing it and teaching it are two different things. I don`t know how fast I should teach or how fast the student will learn. So, that`s where Gonzalo came in and helped out a ton. Plus, he likes it so its a win/win. We are doing it in an attempt to find new investigators and bring them to church. 
     I am doing well concerning my health and well-being. I haven`t gotten sick in a while and as soon as I have a new tooth in my mouth, I`ll be good-as-new. 
     Thanks for offering to send me some money. I really appreciate it. To tell you the truth, there are not many more things that I want to buy, just a few. I could probably get everything I wanted for about two hundred or so. Not too much, well yeah but not TOO much. All I want is a knife, a few more mates, a soccer jersey and a few smaller things that I`ll see later when I go to capital at the end of my mission. 
     Gavin, your pictures are legit! You need to take some pictures for me when I get home. I`ll even pay you! They look sweet...
     Paige, I`m glad that you`re glad at Taco Bell. I miss Taco Bell a lot but I don`t think I`ll eat it more than once after getting home. I want to keep this weight off and lose even more. Keep going with your sweet grades in school and don`t let up!
     Well, I`ve gotta go. I`ll write next week and I look forward to hearing from you again. Stay strong and don`t get too trunky. Tell Dad to write me next week by the way. I missed his letter...haha


Élder Garrett Brighton Rook
 Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
        "La mejor misión de todo el mundo..."






 

No comments:

Post a Comment