Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weekly Letter July 18th, 2012


Hey Guys!
     Well, another week passes by and I start my second to last transfer in the Buenos Aires West Mission, unfortunately. It makes me sad that I can actually see the end of the road. But, I`ve just gotta work even harder so I can stay focused. Its so great to hear from you guys every week and I look forward to talking about my experiences with you in person. But, anyway...on with the letter.
     Dad, I`m glad you`re okay after the incident with the car. And Richard too. Send him my greetings by the way. Dad, I have a feeling that the company will call you this week. Somethings gotta give sometime. But, just have faith and something will come through.
     Mom, sorry about the hospital job, I hope something else will come through. I`m sure it will. Thanks for the picture of the argentine license plate. Thats how they look down here. I wonder how it got up there though...
     Please please please send my love to Ty. I miss that guy and tell him that I look forward to seeing him.
     Today is transfers and my companion is leaving. I`m going to miss him a lot. He was a great companion and we had fun together. But, I am also excited for a new companion and he will probably be my last companion on the mission. Scary right? Anyway, so thats happening.
     Last thursday, I went to the dentist and they told me that I had an infection in my molar number 7. I guess when I got that little cavity filled before my mission, the dentist (won`t say who) didn`t clean out all the infection, so it continued down to my root. So, on thursday, I went to the dentist and they drilled out almost the entire inside of my molar and this coming thursday, they`re going to recontruct what they took out. They put like a gallon of novacain in my face because I had no feeling on the right side of my face until I went to bed that night. I got a whole new understanding of Bill Cosby Himself after that day. I did see and smell smoke, my face did slide off of my skull, I spilled water all down the front of me, and I did have a line of spit from my mouth to the sink that the doctor did call (no joke) an "arco iris" or rainbow. The dentist said that there was nothing I could have done to prevent that, given that it was below the filling and my toothbrush doesn`t reach there. I don`t have any other cavity by the way. So, that was the highlight of my week. Getting my molar destroyed in a third world country. Haha...good story for my grandkids.
     Its interesting whats happening with some of the modern day youth in the church. People who we think are the chosen somehow find their way off the path and fall. When we read Lehi`s dream in 1 Nephi 8, we find that the black mist fall upon everybody, but its our decision to hold fast to the rod of iron and continue on to the tree of life, which is the love of God. But, we also find that some of those who partook of the fruit still fell and yielded themselves to the tireless taunts of those who had already fallen into darkness. I hope that some of these youth, not going to name names, will find there way back to the tree of life and partake of the fruit thereof, that is, the love of God throught the miracle of forgiveness. God always gives us the opportunity to come back and partake of the fruit. They`ll have that opportunity someday, and we can only hope that they take it.
     Well, I have to go to the transfer meeting so I will write you all on Monday. I love you and hope to see you soon.
Chau!

Élder Garrett Brighton Rook
 Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
        "La mejor misión de todo el mundo..."

No comments:

Post a Comment