Monday, May 30, 2011

Letter 5/30/2011 Still no Pictures! :0(

¡Hola familia!
Okay, some housekeeping first. Sorry that I kind of stopped taking my meds. I started them again the other day after I got your email. Up to now, I haven´t recieved a call.
I knew you would be okay in the nursery, Mom. Just keep going and know that you are in this calling for a reason. The Bishop seeks revelation so he knows who to put in what calling. Your name was selected by divine revelation through a leader in Zion. Keep that in mind when difficulty strikes.
If you want to know how horrible people live, take a trip to Argentina, and you´ll think that the house you live in is a mansion, that you have way too many clothes, and you´ll be grateful for your car, even though it gives you troubles sometimes.
Keep feeding the Elders. Being in this position now; I am grateful for all of the help that we receive from the members. You will receive many blessings from your service. Give them references!
That´s really too bad about Gail. Even the greatest of men and women fall into spiritual death. I´m reminded of the story of David, who saw, talked and walked with God in his temple, and then defiled the Spirit by lying with Bath-sheba. Sidny Rigdon, who saw Christ in this dispensation, eventually fell away from the Church and became quite anti against the Saints. Nobody is immune to the temptations of the adversary. Unfortunately, she will be held accountable in the last days, and her sins will be held over her head. Keep the faith, and stay strong in your testimony. Because the day will come when we will have to give an account of everything we did in this life. And we will need to be worthy to stand.
I have been in Laferrere for a week now and I love it. It´s so ghetto. We have two streets that are asfault in our entire area. So, when it rains its a pesadilla (nightmare). My companion, Elder Unker, is a stud. We have so much fun and I´ll be sending you pictures next week because my camera is out of battery.
I am so sorry, but I need to go. I will continue this letter on thursday when we do our progressing investigator form. I love you all and I will write you on thursday.
Love you!
Elder Garrett Brighton Rook
Laferrere, Buenos Aires, Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment