Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekly Letter 5/23/2011 No Pictures!

¡Hola!
Okay, I am writing at the end of transfer and I got transfered to the middle of nowhere. The city I got transfered to is called La Ferrere. It´s about 2 hours from my previous area. I am with my new companion. His name is Elder Unker from Utah. I´m killing him this transfer! Which means, he´s finishing off his mission while he´s with me. I am so excited to be in a new area. Although I´m going to miss my old area and the members there. I´m going to miss my old companion too. I´ve already got some pictures of the area, but I´ll send them next week. The apartement is sweet and we have a Walmart in our area, so that´s a plus.
Now, for some housekeeping. Sorry I didn´t respond to the questions that you asked me last time. My headaches are doing good. As long as I drink water, I can keep them at bay. I haven´t checked my blood pressure since I´ve gotten here nor am I taking my medication. Once I started losing weight, I haven´t really taken it. Although, we do have Zone Conference this week, so I´ll talk to the President´s Wife about it.
I did hear about the end of the world last week. We were actually in a lesson when 6 o´clock passed. ´Twas quite interesting. The lady was talking about the end of the world and how she was really nervous about it. Then 6 o´clock passed and she wasn´t so nervous anymore. Then we taught about the plan of salvation with her, great lesson.
Florida will be quite a big change. I´m going to miss the mountains too. I miss the mountains now! This place is completely flat. Just keep pushing, and know that the Lord has a plan for each and every one of us.
Gavin, congrats on going to the Shock game dude! And yes, cafe chulo pretty much rocks. Tysen took me there once, he didn´t work there. We went there after we saw Star Trek in theaters. I was at a members house yesterday and they were looking at my personal profile on Facebook and clicked on Journey. Turns out they got a new album. Makes me sad that I can´t listen to it right now...:-( haha If you can, go onto Youtube and look up a band called "La Renga". This member was listening to them when we showed up. They rock.
Paige, you must be getting pretty excited about Alabama no? That is so sweet about the furniture and everything! Personally, I liked bachloriette a lot. Dad went with me last time, and Mr. Wood spoke. I think you´ll like it. It´s kind of a religious deal with the Evangelical Church, but it´s good. I liked it a lot.
Mom, just keep going with the nursery. The Lord has put you in this calling for a reason. He didn´t put you in this calling so you could back out later. Things will improve. I´m not researching the school nor am I trunky. If you do end up going to Florida, I would like to go there, and you would have to start my application soon. A year and 4 months is nothing. I´ll be home before you know it.
Dad, missed your letter this week. I´m sure you´re busy. How´s work going? Is it for sure that the fam is moving to Florida? I´m reading the Old Testament right now, and I just made it through Deuteronomy. I love Moses, but five books is a little much. :-) I can see why there was so much corruption in the Law of Moses by the time Christ came to the earth. The law is so easy to interpret wrong or turn around. It´s interesting, Christ instituted the Law of Moses to the people of Israel, and the Law of Moses ended up killing Christ (for healing on the Sabbath Day). Just a little thinker. I know you like those.
Well, I´ve got to go rock it up in my new area right now. I am so stoked for this transfer. I can already see everybody dressed in white clothing haha I´ll write you next week.
I love you all!
Elder Garrett Brighton Rook
La Ferrere, Buenos Aires, Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment