Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6th Still no Pictures!

Hola,
It was so great to hear from you guys today! But, before I start, there is some housekeeping that needs to be done...
First of all, Mom; I did go to the area doctor today. He checked my blood pressure and told me that it was 130/73. Perfectly normal for somebody my size. He told me that I did the right thing by stopping my medications, because I could have had some major problems, had I continued on the medication with normal blood pressure. I have lost a total of 30 pounds here, and he told me that I don´t need to take the medications anymore for the weight I´ve lost. He told me to tell you that. I spent all day in Capital to see the doctor. He´s a great guy.
I do apologize for lack of letter on thursday. My companion got the flu and was in bed all day with diarrea and vomiting, and the next day too. Kind of stunk to be in the apartment all day.
Tell Paige I said congratulations for graduation this week. This is definitely a great time of your life. Enjoy this week, cause it rocks.
Sorry Gavin about the job. That happens! i remember when Hollywood closed down, I was incredibely sad. Although, it would be nice to know why you were laid off. But...whatever sea lo que sea (let it be what it is).
We had a great week here in Laferrere. We had two baptisms on Saturday and both me and my companion were able to baptize one. I will send pictures next week, given that I wasin the city all day and I didn´t bring my camera, and this letter has to be quick. We have a great stake presidency who love to help us with everything we need. The weather is getting colder by the day. the humidity sure makes it a lot colder. I´m now having to wear my coat and a sweater underneath, but I´m staying really warm, no worries. My companion, Elder Unker, is getting ready to visit investigators next week and the next. So, we´ll be pretty busy trying to get him off in the next four weeks.
I do have to say, that I am a little dissapointed about the whole Florida thing, given that I´m going to miss all of my friends, especially my best friend, Daniel. I don´t know what to do or what to think. I know we need to go where the Lord wants us and I know that his ways are higher than ours, but that won´t really help when I can´t see my best friend anymore. He´s like my second brother. But, I guess all will work out in the end.
I´ve got to go, but know that I love you all and that I want to see pictures of graduation next P-day!
With lots of love,
Elder Garett Brighton Rook
P.S. President Benton is finishing the mission in four weeks. I hope you like this video I attached. This was the transfer video we all watch as a mission. It gives an overview of President Benton´s mission and what we do in the mission. Mom and Dad; don´t get mission trunky when you see this video. It´s awesome! Watch it as a family: (My picture is the first on the slideshow)

No comments:

Post a Comment