Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekly Letter 6/27/2011



¡Buen día a todos!
Okay, sorry again for the super short letter last week, but this week will be better.
I´m glad that Paige arrived in alabama okay. Mom, don´t worry. Paige needs to learn to grow on her own. Having bad experiences and trials are the only way that one grows in life. I can say, from experience, that I am not the person that you guys said goodbye to on the curb in Provo. Over this short period of time; I was able to experience trial and heartache with bad companions, sickness, and dissapointment. Because of that, I have grown and will continue to grow in the coming months. Paige will be fine. She needs an experience such as this. By the way, most people move out at around that age, right after High School.
If you are planning on leaving in the middle of July; shouldn´t you already know by now? That seems a little fishy to me. But, then again; I´m not there. I hope everything come through okay. Although, I would rather stay in Idaho, I hope everything works out. By the way, way to go Gavin! That´s my little bro!
On with my letter...
Well, we had quite a busy week. First of all, we had the President´s Farewell on Tuesday. President Benton is finishing a three year mission on Thursday and the new President comes tomorrow. I attached a photo of my last picture with President Benton. It was really sad. I played my rendition of God Be With You ´Til We Meet Again for the mission and had everyone crying. Sad day. I´m going to miss him a ton. He has helped me so much since I came out into the field.
On Wednesday, we had the worst rain storm I have ever seen in Argentina so far. It started to rain at about 5:00pm and it didn´t stop until Thursday at 2:00pm. We were working when it started and I didn´t have my rain gear. Oops. It started to sprinkle a little bit and then it started to downpour. Elder Unker and I came back to the apartment soaking wet and dripping everywhere. I attached a photo of our experience.
On Friday, we had to go to Capital again for the third time. Not too fun, but now my documents are done, so I am an official Porteño (a person from Buenos Aires). In the immigration office, we saw President Benton and his wife. They were verifying their VISA so they could leave the country. They had a handler from the Area Offices named Sabrina with them. She helped us with everything as well since we were there. And, I´m sorry, but she was a very beautiful person to say the least. Haha
On Sunday, my companion had his exit interview with President. He was in there for almost an hour. During this time, the Branch President in Laferrere II (my branch) showed up! Of all people in all places! He and President Benton are really good friends. Oh, by the way, his name is President Golinowski (I think its a Jewish name). He is such a stud. We go over to his house every week to eat pizza and empanadas. He is a convert of three years and he´s our Branch President! Crazy! He absolutely loves the missionaries and he wants to feed us all the time. haha
And here we are on Monday. My comp´s last monday in Argentina (not counting his travel day next monday). We are going shopping today for him and his family. The one day that I don´t have my card or money... :-( Oh, by the way. What is going to happen with my CD account? Given that CDBaby is connected with my STCU account. I was kind of worried the other day and I don´t know how that would be figured out. But, I know that you´ll figure it out.
Oh, one more thing before I go. You need to ask Liz this pronto! Me and my comp were talking the other day and he was saying that all of his friends kind of bailed on him during his mission and that he wasn´t going to have a bunch of friends when he gets back. I said, "Well, I have a friend for you. This guy is going to go to University of Utah (where my comp is going). His name is Adam Thurgood." My comp looked at me and said "Are you serious? Adam Thurgood? I lived two houses away from them in South Jordan! I know him and Zac really well!" Holy Cow! That is so crazy! Here we are in Laferrere, Argentina and we both know the same person. Adam and his family moved from South Jordan up to Post Falls, where I live, we become best friends and me and Elder Unker serve in the same mission. That is so crazy to me. I couldn´t believe it when I heard it. You need to ask Liz if she knows who Andrew Unker is. I guess Adam, Zac and Andrew used to play Basketball like everyday on their driveway. I can´t email Adam direcly because its against the rules, so you need to ask Liz that.
Anyway, I´ve got to go. I love you all so much and I will write you next week. Keep up the faith and I look forward to hearing from you next week.
Love you!
Élder Garrett Brighton Rook
Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste

No comments:

Post a Comment