Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekly Letter 7/4/2011 Happy 4th of July! Happy Birthday Garrett!





¡Hola familia mia!
Well, a sad day to report. My companion, Elder Unker, has gone home. We became great friends and i´m going to miss him a ton. Although, when I go to BYU; we´re totally hanging out. I did get a new companion. His name is...are you ready?...Elder Mielnikowicz. He´s from Argentina and has been in the mission for five months. By the way, I´m starting my first transfer as senior companion! I am so excited, and we´re going to baptize a ton!
Housekeeping...
To answer your question Mom: Yes, I was taken care of on my birthday. I had a great birthday. It was strange, because it was my comp´s last day in Argentina and my birthday. So it was sad and happy at the same time. We went to two member´s houses. A sister named Hermana Dorilda and our Branch President´s house. I included pictures from both.
I hope that the Florida thing works out. Although I would much rather stay in Idaho; if the Lord has different plans, they will make themselves manifest.
Not much is happening on the home front me parece, so I´ll move on to my letter...
We did not have a good week this week. Our numbers were super low, because we had to go the mission office multiple times to help send my companion off. He wasn´t trunky, but it was just things with the government and flight stuff. So, we didn´t work much. I was really sad to say goodbye to Elder Unker. We had such a good time together and I´ll miss him terribly. I talked with one of the Assistants today at the mission office and he told me that we all have our favorite companions in the mission, but we´ve just got to keep working. So, I guess I´ll just keep working. :-)
I am now senior companion with Elder Mielnikowicz. Its an interesting feeling. We were walking to the city center today and I swore I could see the area change. This is now my area. This area and what happens in it is my responsibility. Its so crazy. But, I think I´m ready for a little responsibility now.
It has been a super dry week this week, so as a result, my skin is acting up yet again. I just wish that this would go away. I really don´t want to be battling this my whole life. But, I´m going to call the area Doctor tomorrow and get this solved.
It...is...cold...here. I remember when I got my call and it said Argentina. I thought "Dang it, it´s going to be hot all the time". That´s a lie. The cold here is incredible. No matter what I put on, it just cuts right through my clothing. But, we are staying warm the best we can.
Well, I have decided to be more obedient. Its a rule that we can´t email friends. So I have stopped emailing all of my friends. If I want to comunicate with them I have to send a physical letter. I sent a letter to Stewie this week so It will arrive soon. I know it will be hard, but I know the blessings will be that more rewarding. I need to get Adam´s mission address so I can send him a letter. If you could give it to me, that would be great.
One question. Am I getting another card or what´s going to happen? Did you guys figure out what´s going to happen to my CD account? Given that all of my CD sales are connected with that account. It would be nice to know so I don´t start worrying about it.
Well, I think we´re going back to the apartment to get some well deserved rest before we get back to work. I love you all and I´ll write you again next week. Keep the letters coming, I love reading them.
¡Hasta luego!
Élder Garrett Brighton Rook
Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
"Mi proposito es invitar a lodas las personas a venir a Cristo..."

No comments:

Post a Comment