Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Weekly letter July 25, 2011. He Bought More Ties?

Hola familia mia,
Well, I am sitting in front of the computer genuinly pooped. We just got back from playing soccer with the rest of our district and I am ready to go to bed. Too bad we still have to work tonight...
First of all, thank you for the money that you gave me. I don´t know if you knew, but when I got into my account, I found 125.00 there (which came out to about 500.00 ARG). I took it all out and put it to good use. I was able to get a new pair of pants and a few new ties...completely awesome. Dad, you would be proud of your oldest boy. Oh Mom, a Sister in our ward fixes pants, so she´s redoing all of my pants right now. She had to make them smaller... And, I think i´m going to have money left over for a awesome Argentina soccer jersey. Also, a question for Gavin, do you want Argentina or would you prefer Brasil? Please let me know...
Gavin, dude. Bien ahí with the selling of the wall tent. A future business man right there. Where did I go right to have such an awesome brother?
Dad, congrats on the Baretta. I always thought you were a Glock fan, but Baretta´s cool too. Hopefully you won´t have to use it. The right to bear arms here is a dream. Nobody has a gun except for the bad guys that buy on the black market. Too bad there are hardly any police to enforce that law. I tell people that we have guns in the house to protect us and they look at me like I´m crazy. There is definitely an anti-American attitude that resides here. Not terrible but it´s there. I get weird looks wherever I walk and people tell me how cold of a people we are. Sorry if we open doors for people and yield to pedestrians on the street, didn´t know that was a cold attitude. Oh, and we work, and we don´t sit on the street corner all day doing drugs and yelling at passers by. I should really stop being a cold person. We visited an inactive member the other day, and she asked what I was considering to do when I get back. I said that I wanted to teach in music, but was also considering the option of joining the military to help me with school. When I said that, her eyes went wide, and started to lecture me on how being a soldier wasn´t not a christian attitude. She openly stated that she doesn´t believe in the modern-day prophets, so using their military experience was not an option. Instead, I shared the story of David in 2 Samuel, how he slew Goliath to conquer the Philistines who were opposing the Children of Israel, and how God sometimes uses war and bloodshed to bring about the greater good. Then she started mouthing off at President Bush and how the invasion of Iraq wasn´t necesary. I didn´t open my mouth and we left. Her and Uncle Sam would not be good friends. Being here sure makes a person more patriotic. The people here are very prideful to be Argentines. I use the word "prideful" in place of the word "proud". In the 80´s, Argentina and England had a conflict over a group of islands off the coast of Argentina called the Malvinas, or on our maps, the Faulkland Islands. The Argentines lost terribly in that war, but still hold on to the idea that the Malvinas (or Faulkland Islands), are theirs. Even though the Grand Britania is flown there, and the dominant language is English. But, whatever, I´m not going to say anything. Anyway, my little tidbit about Argentina.
That´s too bad about Brandi Marty. Bummer that didn´t work out. Maybe her facination with me is still alive. It has to be, given that I´ve dropped thirty pounds, I´m tan, and look fantastic and I speak a second language. Hahaha...you can leave that out of the blog. (Mom says that she will leave it in! lol)
Bummer about Ann, Mom. Too bad that Ann does not realize is that, if she keeps pushing people away; by the time George passes, she´s going to look around and nobody´s going to be there. You did a nice thing. It´s not your fault and don´t begin to think that. She digging her own hole.
I don´t know about the bike. I love it but I don´t see myself using it when I return. Plus, I can always buy another one when I get back.
This is not trunky at all, but I was thinking. If all of you want me to start getting you things, you can start putting money on my card so I can. Tell me how much you put on and I´ll get something really Argentine for you. Plus it´s better to start getting stuff now then later. My last companion, Elder Unker, didn´t get anything for his family throughout his entire mission. So, his family put a bunch of money on his card to buy things, but he had no idea what to buy. We spent our P-Days looking for things to buy for his family. Needless to say, he went home with the majority of the money he received. But, I see things almost everyday that everyone of you would love to have. So, I don´t know...tell me what you wanna do.
Paige, get out of the house and start doing stuff. Are you not exploring the new area you´re in? I am kind of bummed out some days because I can´t go anywhere and explore. But I´ll have time for that later. Go to the activities and go to institute. Your life is passing you by and you need to go with it, or else it´ll be gone. You do realize that, if you do not serve a mission (which I really think you should), you are at the beginning of your life as an adult NOW. In a few years, you will be worrying about a family, work, and other related things. Jump on the wagon and get moving! Because if you don´t, you will look back and say "I should´ve...". Don´t put yourself in the position to say that. I´ve said it and I don´t like to say it to myself. But anyway, I love ya y no me quiero quejar más...haha
Oh also, and little snipit. Mom, when you guys eventually make it to Florida, make sure to move my member records over to Florida. Because it will be easier to get into BYU.
Tambien, see if you can send me some pictures from my facebook account of pictures with my friends and you guys as well. I love the pictures you sent me by the way. My brother is such a capo. And Michael Hardy hasn´t grown an inch haha (You can cut that out too). I´ll send pictures to you guys next week.
I love you all, and I thank God everyday for the amazing family I have. Thank you for writing me everyweek and for always being there for me. I look forward to the day when we will all be reunited again with a sound understanding in Christ (Alma 17:2).
Su hijo, hermano, y amigo en Cristo,

No comments:

Post a Comment