Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekly Letter July 18, 2011 (Same picture as last week)

¿Que tal familia mia?
Well, an end to yet another week. The time is flying by so fast I can´t believe it. In the blink of an eye, I´ll be home. Haha just joking...
Housekeeping....
Well Mom, I have some bad news and some good news as well. I was kind of an idiot and didn´t do what you asked me to do. I still have my debit card and I totally spaced cutting it up. So, in a way, it´s good news as well. Haha So, feel free to put money on that bad boy.
About Becca Pingel. If she´s going to Paraguay, then she´ll be hanging around my neck of the woods for about three weeks here in Buenos Aires at the MTC. All american missionaries going to either Paraguay or Uruguay spend three weeks in the MTCBA. So, when that time comes, I´ll be sure to wave in that direction. By the way, the MTC is in my mission. So, she´ll be a resident of the best mission in the world until she heads off to Paraguay. Which mission is she going to? Asuncion North or South? Because I know a sister missionary going home next transfer that lives in Asuncion North. When does she take off? I would love to go to Paraguay, but it´s more than 100 degrees most of the time and they speak two languages, Spanish and a Native Indian language called Guarani. It´s so incredibly difficult. Some Paraguayos have taught me certain things to say in Guarani. It´s full of like noises with the mouth rather than words. Even though all of the population speaks Spanish, the national language is Guarani. Their money is called Guarani as well. Guarani is pronounced (Gwa-da-nee). Oh wow, the internet place that I´m in is playing Paraguyao music right now. Midopariko!
I am staying warm. I was able to order two pairs of thermal garms through the mission. Every week, the mission asks us what we need. We´re not out in the middle of nowhere, we´re taken care of. Although, I haven´t used them in about two weeks, the weather is being weird. It´s raining outside right now by the way.
The letter...
Well, we are at the end of kind of a dissapointing week. We taught over 30 lessons this week and only two people came to church. It´s tough, not going to lie. We were a little discouraged yesterday, because all of our current investigators fell through and they´re not progressing. We had to drop all of them. So, here we are, in week 3 of transfer, and we have absolutely nobody. Kind of stinks to tell you the truth. In the mission, you really start to love the people you teach. It devestates me when somebody says that they work all week and they don´t want to come to church on sunday, because they want to sleep in. It´s like they´re putting God on the back burner (to be frank). And we sit there and just cry inside. I can´t even imagine the sadness our Heavenly Father feels when his servants reach out to his children and they don´t even blink an eye. They just move on with their lives like nothing happened.
But, we keep working and trudging along. We are completely obedient and we work diligently. So, we´re bound to see some blessings here pretty soon.
My companion is pretty cool. He´s from here in Capital and he´s waiting on his VISA to go to Mexico. Although, he´s been here for about 5 months. Hopefully, it will come throught soon.
Gavin, congrats on the date bro. Although, you told me that you slacked off a little bit. Did I teach you for nothing? Haha Congrats on the drivers permit. Keep practicing!
Paige, I hope that you´re settling in just fine in Alabama. I hear it´s really hot right now. Now, you know how i felt about 3 months ago. Keep going, don´t get homesick.
Not much more going on right now. Sorry for the short letter but I´ve gotta go. I will be looking forward to you package soon. I´ll write you again next week with more stuff. Right now, I´m running a little late.
I love you all and I´ll write you next week!
Élder Garrett Brighton Rook
Laferrere 2
"Mi proposito es invitar a lodas las personas a venir a Cristo..."
P.S. I attached a photo of me and my companion. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment