Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekly Letter February 6, 2012



Hola,

Well, another week passes in the oven that is Argentina. My mind is genuinly boggled with the fact that civilization exists here. With this heat, I don´t think any sane human being would say, "hmmm, this is nice, let´s build a city here", in place of, "nah, let´s go a little more south". Just sayin´. But, I only need to make it through one more lousy summer, and then that´s it for the rest of my life. And, I´m already half-way through it. My winter jacket just looks so lonely there in the closet...

Okay, I´m going to start with a little bit of housekeeping first:

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS GAVIN on your Eagle! Now, we can say that all the boys in the family are Eagle Scouts. Now you need to buy the bumper sticker with the plural form, Eagle Scout(s). Send me pictures of the ceremony. I really wish I could be there, to sit in the Eagle´s nest with you. But, I will be there in spirit. Unless you want to wait 8 months haha. Kidding. And, yes I cannot wait to be back with Gav on the piano. I am getting really tired of playing hymns all the time.

I´ll be praying for you Dad about this new job. That would be sweet. Maybe I could travel with you afterward to be your unofficial translater, in case you go to Boise. Haha

Oh man, you don´t even know how much I miss Nate´s Pizza. If you go there anytime soon, tell them I said hi, if they remember me of course. Although they should, given that they made so much money off of me. My paychecks from Hollywood just transfered over to Nate´s.

Gav, tell Ms. Omen that I said hi as well. She´s way cool man. Probably my favorite English teacher of my whole High School career. She probably remembers my Global Warming paper. That story you told me was funny by the way. Haha

No, Danny Steele was not in my grade. A year ahead.

Anyway, on with the week....

My new companion is pretty cool. A little socially awkward, but cool. He´s from Chile, Santiago. My two kids are both from the same city, go figure. I really want an American companion someday. I´m tired of speaking Spanish all the time. Maybe when I grow up.

Tomorrow, I have to go to the Sister´s area to do a baptismal interview. There just going to give us a map and their bikes, and tell us where to go. Dang it, I wanted to hang out with the Sisters...pastedGraphic.pdf Haha

We are working with this lady so she gets married to her boyfriend this month. We already baptized the daughter, so now we´re working on the Mom. They´re my friends on Facebook :-) Whenever we go over there, they´re always on my profile. Awesome family. I love them a ton.

Well, I´ve got to go. I love you guys so much and I thank my Father in Heaven everyday for the amazing blessing of a family that I have. Sorry for the short letter, but I cannot think of anything so interesting to include in my letter this week. If anything interesting happens, I´ll write about it next week.

Chau!

(3 Nephi 13:25-34)


Élder Garrett Brighton Rook

"Sé el cambio que quieres ver en el mundo"

No comments:

Post a Comment