Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekly Letter February 13, 2012

Hola...¿toda piola?
Well, needless to say that your letters were fairly short this week. I guess nothing much happened this week for you guys. It´s okay, because nothing much happened to me either.
I´m glad to hear that Mom is going to get that problem in her foot figured out. I never got the opportunity to see a bunion surgery. So, I´m a little jealous that I won´t be there to see it. Tell Clint that I said hi. I still love Clint a lot.
That was a way cool story that you told me from Stake Conference. That Sister was so blessed. I´m sure the missionary who baptized her is very proud of his convert.
Mom and Dad, don´t worry about the job situation. I have a feeling that everything will be okay and that you guys won´t have to worry about having a job here pretty soon. Did you guys read that scripture that I left last week? I hope so, because its a good scripture for you guys. (3 Nephi 13: 25-34).
Dad, thanks for the advice. It really helps. I was thinking the other night because I couldn´t sleep. I don´t know if I should apply for ROTC or not. I don´t know how they would accept me with a music major, or if I would be able to pursue a doctorate while I am working for the military. Dad, maybe you could find out for me. It would be really nice to know. Because now, I am kind of winding down and I don´t want to get home without knowing what I´m going to do. I want to get home and immediately start up again. So, I want to have everything ready. I really appreciate all that you guys do for me. I´ll make an Argentine Asado to make up for it when I get home.
I was talking to Elder Alkema the other day on the phone and he was telling me that he may be living in his brother´s condo in Provo after the mission. He invited me to come and live with him, so I may have housing afterward as well. But, we´ll see how it all works out.
Gavin, funny story about Mrs. Blair. She´s an awesome teacher and I really enjoyed her class. Although, I didn´t know that I was so popular in school. They sure didn´t treat me like it when I was there. Tell her that I said hi and that I´ll visit her class when I get back in October. Mr. Kracht too. And Mr. Wood...haha
Nothing much to report this week. The heat is starting to get a little less intense, thank goodness. Can you believe that we are almost in the middle of February? Crazy right? I´m almost done with summer! Once winter comes, that´s when my mission really comes to an end...lamentablemante (unfortunately). I´m going to have two winters this year...YAY!!! No summer for a year! We had a good amount of investigators this week in church, so we´ll be working hard with them. We´re just working and being obedient and being healthy too. I hope I can keep this weight off after the mission, because I really like the way I feel. I think I will though.
We played soccer this Saturday and I am still a little sore, but not as bad as last time. I think I´m getting into better shape. I can´t wait to play soccer with Gav when I get home and show him up with my new Argentine soccer skills. Haha
Anyway, I´ve gotta go. I´ll talk to you next week and I hope that you guys have a good one!

Love you!

Élder Garrett Brighton Rook
"Sé el cambio que quieres ver en el mundo"

No comments:

Post a Comment