Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekly Letter February 20, 2012




Saludos,

Another week passes in Argentina, and I´m still living the dream. Thanks for writing me, as always. I love hearing from you every week, its the highlight of my week to receive letters from you.

Unfortunately, like you, my week was somewhat uneventful. Its been raining a ton lately, which is really making it hard to work. Nobody is outside when it rains, except for us. People tell us we´re crazy when they see us out on the street walking around in a big rain storm. Yeah, who says this church isn´t true? If they doubt that this church is true, just look at us on the street, walkin´ around in the rain.

To answer your question Mom about my headaches. I´m still having them. Not more or less than before. The other night, at about 12:00am, I woke up suddenly to probably one of the worst migraines I have ever had. The pain was so bad, that it woke me up. I started to cry and then I ran to the bathroom to throw up. After that, I laid in bed for about another two hours until I could compose myself and concentrate on getting myself back to sleep. I finally fell asleep, and woke up at 6:30 the next morning, still with an aftershock headache. I don´t know what caused it, given that I am drinking a ton of water everyday. I switched to using my backpack now, so I can carry water with me wherever I go. It has seemed to help, but I still get little headaches all the time. But, don´t worry about me too much. It´s nothing more than what I already had when I was at home still.

I played soccer two days in a row this week. I do have to say, I´m getting pretty good playing with these Argentines every week. Maybe even good enough to show Gavin up with my newly acquired skills. Haha

Dad, thank you so much for finding about the ROTC programs for me. Today, I wrote my Mission President for permission to study the Military websites to find out a little more. Since this is a pretty big decision, I would like to be well informed about it before I make it. I would like to speak personally with a Army rep before I come home on the phone. I´m going to have zone conference on the 6th of March, so I think I´ll talk to President about it then. How does Mom feel about all this, by the way? my question is, will I be able to study music immediately after I graduate, or will I have to wait until I complete my military service to study for my PhD? I guess I´ll have to call them and find out.

Today, I was watching a video about Joseph Smith, well a few. I watched a video about Zion´s Camp, and then about how Martin Harris lost the 116 pages of the Book of Lehi. Joseph Smith was indeed a normal person, like all past prophets, but as a prophet, he had the right to receive divine wisdom from the Lord. In a talk given by the Prophet Joseph Smith, called the King Follett´s Sermon, Joseph Smith acknowledges the fact that the German translation of the Bible is the closest translation to the original Hebrew text, which he was also reading along with two other languages. Now, please tell me, how a farm boy from the fields of New York could learn three languages well enough to read complicated Bible texts, and compare the translations alongside each other. Talk about divine wisdom. Yes, he was indeed a normal person, because Doctrine and Covenants tells us that Joseph Smith was harshly reprimanded by the Lord for allowing Martin Harris to take the manuscript and show it to his wife and other family members. But, like Moses, he was a normal person blessed with certain privileges as a prophet of God (Exodus 33:11).

Gavin, I´m glad you had fun at U of I. I love going to that campus. It´s really cool. When I went, I went to that same bagel shop with Matt. Ahhhh....good times. I wonder what Matt´s doing right now? Oh, by the way, when I get home; you need to do my new album photos. I really like the style of how you do them, so maybe you could take some new album pictures when I get home. I want to get a new CD off fairly quickly after my return so I can start having some more money coming in. But, we´ll see how it goes.

Well, I´ve gotta go. Please send my love to everybody over there. Send my comgratulations to Lauren for her wedding. And, send my salutations to the rest of their family. Tell Dwight that I´m going to make him a barbeque that he won´t forget after I get home. I love you guys and I hope that you have a great week. Dad, éxitos (successes) with the job search. I know you´ll find something soon. I love you guys and I´ll talk to you next week!

By the way, I´m not in the soccer picture because I took it...haha


--

No comments:

Post a Comment