Tuesday, November 29, 2011





Saludos!

Well, another great week passes in Argentina. We had two baptisms this Saturday and it was an awesome experience. I´ll talk about it later.

Well, I am genuinly jealous about your black friday shopping spree. Laptop? Xbox? Dang man, I bought a hot dog last week because I had some extra funds. Hahaha just kidding. I´m way happy for you guys. So, I just figured out that I can send mp3 files on this machine. The song that I sent it a song that another missionary gave me. Its called "Snakes", which is a term that the missionaries in Argentina use to talk about a girl whos got her eye on a missionary. There are a lot of those down here. The guys who did the song are ex missionaries from the Buenos Aires North Mission. Its a way funny song. You´ll hear something that says, "Que lindo que sos", it means, "How pretty (or handsome) you are!".

Good luck Paige with your job possiblity. I´ll be praying for you. Oh my gosh, there is a guy like two computers down from me who is watching Dragonball Z and saying all the lines that the characters are saying. The guy needs a girlfriend.

I´m glad that you guys had a great Thanksgiving. I think my mouth started to water when you guys ate the stuffing, given that my soul is permanently connected to that stuff. You guys ate the stuffing, "and my soul hungered". We had dinner with a family that same night. I sent you the picture.

Send my love to Chad. I love that kid. He´s so cool. Could you guys get his home address for me? I would love to send him a letter. If not, I´ll send you an email and you can send it to him.

Mom, some music would be awesome. I think I sent you a list a while back. I would still love that music. Plus, I just figured out that its possible to send mp3 files through email. So, gavin can send me some files from iTunes, or from my external hardrive. Which is in my box of stuff in my Sibelius box. Gavin, you can download some songs from Assassin´s Creed or Gears of War and send them to me through email. Pretty cool huh? You have to find the music file through "My Computer" though, you can´t drag and drop songs from iTunes. But yeah, the list of music is:

-Andrea Bocceli: My Christmas

-Avatar

-Band of Brothers

-Jim Brickman

-Green Mile

It would be awesome. Thank you for everything you do.

This week, we could see the hand of our Heavenly Father in our area. A family, which was inactive for three years, has a daughter who was not a member. We went to the house several times but could not talk much about baptism because the parents weren´t home. One day, we decided to go to the house and we found the parents. The mother had a testimony about the Gospel as the father did. However, certain problems that were happening in the house prevented them to go to Church. The father had no job, and the mother was working every Sunday. We invited them to attend the district conference and promised them that if they attended the conference, the would get a job that would allow them to go to church. They told us they were going to the conference with us. Sunday came, and they were the first to arrive. On Monday, we found the Branch President in the street. He gave us the news that the daughter of this family was going to be baptized on Saturday. It was big news for us because we knew that this girl was ready for baptism.

When passing week, we saw another miracle. An investigator, whose name is Silvia, had some problems with quitting smoking. We teach it in a member's house and talked about quitting smoking. She was afraid to be baptized because she thought she was going back to take the vice. We taught her about the gift of the Holy Spirit and the constant companionship of him upon being baptized. Also, I made an agreement with her, that I would stop biting my nails, if she quit smoking. So we began to have daily contact with her. We always visited her to cheer her up. I was not biting my nails and she was not smoking. Thursday arrived and zone leaders did the interview and were able to determine that she was ready for baptism. The most important thing is that she also realized it. The two were baptized on Saturday. So, I´m not biting my nails anymore. Can you believe it? Crazy right? It was so cool! Things are changing about me as I come to the last half of my mission. I always think about what my life is going to be like after this, and I can´t seem to imagine it. I always imagine myself as a missionary. Its really strange. I don´t want my mission to end. I want to see you guys at the end of two years, but I want it to be in a way where I am still a missionary. This is the life that I want to live forever.I think working at the MTC would help me out a lot with that. I really want to work there. But, we´ll see what happens.

I´ve got to go now. I love you guys so much. I always look forward to hearing from you guys every week. Dad, a missionary gave me a ton of music on my flash drive, and I´m thinking of you as I listen to the soundtrack to Master and Commander. I love the music. Bach´s Prelude on the cello is an amazing and I always think of you cause you love that song. I sent it so you know what I´m talking about.

I´ll talk to you guys next week! I love you!

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment