Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekly Letter November 14, 2011





Como andan bien?

Well, another week passes by in Argentina. Thanks for the letter, I always appreciate your letters, I love hearing from you guys. I look forward to it every week.
Paige, work will come eventually. Just keep going and be patient. It'll come through. Congrats on you getting into BYU online. That's awesome! Work hard!
Gavin, congrats on the Eagle buddy. Just get it done and don't procrastinate! Have fun in Ellensburg. I remember going there. It was a long day, but a lot of fun.
Thanks Dad for all the advice that you gave me. I'll definitely use it. Being a district leader is a lot of fun. I get to do stuff with my elders and help them out. It's tough, but I love it.
By the way, the answers to Bro. Wilson's email is as follows.
1) My parents helped me by always helping me place my mission as an ultimate goal. Like, if I wanted to do something, they always asked how it would affect my mission, such as finances or things like that.
2) I decided to serve a mission because I always had my mission as something that I would always do. I decided early to serve my mission, so when the time came, I didn't need to make a decision.
3) I decided to serve a mission when I was young. I always looked at the missionaries as my heroes. So, I decided to go when I was very young, probably about 8 or 9.
4) Serving a mission has built my testimony completely. I spend everyday from 10:30-9:00 at night sharing with everybody the message of the gospel. Testifying strengthens one's testimony more than anything.
5) The Holy Ghost is everything. It's the factor whether an investigator truly experiences conversion or no. The Holy Ghost is the deciding factor whether we find somebody who is truly searching for the Gospel. The Holy Ghost is what tells me that I don't need to worry about what I need to say in a lesson in order to bring that divine influence in what we are teaching.
6) I remember when we saw that a young girl came to church who we didn't know. We asked who she was and she said that she was a good friend of a recent convert who we had baptized. She said that she wanted to get baptized 2 weeks later. The only thing that she needed was permission from her parents. We went to her house but the lesson was unsuccessful because the father was a very strong catholic (like most Argentines), and refused to give his daughter the permission to get baptized. The young woman started to cry, but the father did nothing. A week later, this same young lady came to church and told us that her mother had convinced the dad to give her permission. We went to the house and taught the mom too. The young woman was baptized that same week. A definite miracle.
7) 10
8)The members help us quite a bit. The majority of my baptisms were member referrals.
9) My first week, we were contacting on the street and we contacted a very beautiful young lady about 20 years old. She said that she wasn't very interested in our message but she respected the fact that we were out teaching in the hot sun. She smiled and said good-bye. To be polite I stretched out my hand to shake her hand to say good-bye. She took my hand and pulled herself into me and kissed my cheek and walked away. I was beside myself and worried. A girl just kissed me! My companion was laughing and said that is how people say both hello and good-bye in Argentina.
10) Learning the language was difficult at first, but now I look back on that time and wonder why I didn't understand. Now, I can speak and understand as though this was my native language.

Well, we're working and doing well. By writing that little response, I've spent the majority of my time on the computer. Just know that I'm doing well. I'm healthy and without problem. The more time I have on my mission, it gets harder to find things to write about. I love you guys and I look forward to your letter next week. Oh also, Mom do you have a good recipe for fried chicken? Could you send it to me next week if you find it? That would be awesome.

Con amor y carino,


No comments:

Post a Comment