Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekly Letter November 7th, 2010

















Hola!
Well, sorry for not sending pictures for a while, but now I sent you a ton.
First Housekeeping:
Looks like you guys had a pretty busy week. As always, I am glad to hear from you guys. I can't believe that I am already at 13 months in the mission! Time flies by so fast! Before you know it, I'll be home haha!
That makes me really sad about Bro. Bell. I hope everything works out for them.
Sorry that I'm not responding too much about what you guys did this week, I did read it all though and I pray for you guys every night that the Lord will extend his hand in all things that you encounter. I just feel so excited to share my experience with you guys, I can't wait!

Okay...here goes! I got transfered this week on Thursday. I got a call on Wednesday night from the Assistants and they told me that I neede to be in the offices at 7:45 in the morning for an interview with President. So, I arrived in Ramos Mejia and President called me in. He sat me down in his office and we said a prayer. He then told me, :Elder Rook, I have a special project for you. I need you to be a District Leader and lift a branch at the same time. Will you do that for me?" I was a little beside myself. I said okay and that I would do it. He told me that I neede to make my numbers everyweek, and be an example to the district of missionaries. He asked if there was anything he could do for me or if I had any questons. I just said that I felt a little sick that's all. He laughed and led me out of his office. I went to the gym where all of the elders were to start the meeting. I sat in the gymnasium and watched the screen as the pictures of other missionaries came up and the missionaries were whooping an d hollering as they found out where they were going. Then, my picture came up. I was going to Chacabuco out in the country...5 hours away from Buenous Aires. Out in the middle of nowhere. My companion is Elder Harriott from Panama who is an absolute stud. We came together to Argentina, so it will be nice to be with an experienced missionary. I said goobye to my son, Elder Abarca, who is training his own son right now which makes me a Grandfather! He was really excited to be training a new missionary. Elder Alema, my MTC companion was also made a district leader out in Campo, so we're in the same zone again. I got together with my companion and we got together with other Elders going out to campo (country). We went to capital to take a bus out to the country. A big two-story bus. We traveled with two sisters who were going in after a white wash (where both missionaries were taken out). It was a long bus ride, but it was so pretty to see what the country side of Argentina is like. On the way, we passed the giant cathedral in Lujan. I sent that picture too. It was gigantic! You could see it from miles away. We finally arrived in Chacabuco after about 5 hours. The sisters kept traveling for about another hour. The city out here is so pretty! It's like I went back in time about 20 years. The people are so nice and I still haven't seen a dirt road yet. The only thins is, there are no big buildings, so the heat is even more intense. We have bicycles, but they need to get repaired, but we'll have them this week. The people are awesome here! There are about 29 active members as of now. The Branch President is way cool, President Villalva. The zone is interesting, because we don't have meetings. We are all spread out too far that we don't have district meetings or zone meetings. We will have zone conference with other zones, but we'll have to stay overnight in another zone that night before conference. Crazy right? The pictures I took are really cool. That's my area. There are other pretties parts, but they are under construction so I'll take some other pictures later. I am so excited to be out here. All of the other missionaries talk about being in campo, but not many have the opportunity to be out here. It's like a different world here. It's nothing like Buenos Aires, which makes me happy. I was getting a little tired of being in the city.

Well I have to go. I love you all and I pray for you every night. I look forward to talking to you when Christmas rolls around soon. It will be weird, given that I can't speak english anymore. Tell Grandma I said thank you and that I love her a ton, and Grandpa! I love you guys. Until next week!

Su hijo, hermano y amigo en Cristo

No comments:

Post a Comment