Friday, September 9, 2011

Weekly Letter September 5, 2011


Hey everybody!
 
     Hope you all had a great week. Sorry in advance for the short letter, but I only have about 30 minutes to write and my keyboard is going heywire, so I´ll be sure to put the best information in this letter.
     Thanks for all of the updates on everybody. I love hearing from you and I love to hear what´s going on with everyone back home.
 
     Congrats to Gavin. As always, a mega stud that doesn´t stop being studly. He learned from the best haha
     Good luck with Dad. I pray for you guys everyday and I know that everything will turn out okay eventually. I was reading Doctrine and Covenants the other day and found a awesome scripture that I know you guys will like. (D&C 24:8) 
     Paige, be safe. Don´t get mad at Mom when she tells you to do so. She is still your mother after all.
     Mom, I will include a list of my hump day package at the end of this letter.
     This week has been kind of tough. We are still experiencing our dry spell in the work and nobody seems to want to talk to us, nor do our investigators want to progress or come to church. But, I guess thats missionary work right? I still love my time here, and I wouldn´t want to be anywhere else.   
     Argentina is getting gradually warmer. Darn it. Winter was too short. Tomorrow marks 11 months in the mission. It hardly feels like it. I feel like I´ve been in Argentina forever, but at the same time, I feel like I arrived at the MTC only about 3 months ago. Time surely does fly.
     My companion is a super stud. He is so ready for the work and he is really cut out to be a missionary and we are getting a lot of work done.
     Okay, my package. The following is a short list of what would be nice:
 
     -Music: (Copies please, or you can just send the original disks, whichever is easiest)
       -Andrea Bocceli "My Christmas" (I have it in my CD collection)
       -Avatar: The Motion Picture Soundtrack (I have that too)
       -Band of Brothers: The Soundtrack (Got it too)
       -Prince of Egypt. The entire CD because I only have a few select songs (If its not too much trouble of course)
       -The Green Mile: The Soundtrack (I have it in my library)
       -Jim Brickman (I have it in my library)
       -Other instrumental music that is in my library that I forgot about.
       -Other music that I would like on a mix CD. i.e. movie soundtracks, classical. Gavin can help you with that.
     -Peanut Butter (an elder got a little jar of JIFF the other day and I was really jealous haha)
     -Maple Syrup (if it´s possible, if not its okay. It doesn´t exist here)
     -Jello (Gelatin and pudding mix)
     -Surprise me (I know that you know what I like) 
     -ALSO, I know for a fact that a FedEx flat rate box is just 40.00 international, no matter what you put in it. All of the elders here get
      flat rate boxes, and it prevents the things inside from being crushed. Plus, you don´t have to worry about weight. 
 
     Well, I´m afraid that´s it. I have to go. We´re going to have an asado with the other elders in my district today and play soccer. Oh yeah! I love you all and have a great week! Keep praying for me!  I´ll send pictures next week from our activity today. Send me more pictures so I can print them and show them to people, like from my facebook and such.
 
Con amor sincero,

No comments:

Post a Comment