Wednesday, September 14, 2011




Hola de vuelta,
 
     Bueno, después de una semana, podemos decir que me siento mucho mejor que la semana pasada. Digamos que una persona me escribío y me dío el animo que nesecitaba. Gracias por todo.
 
     Okay, I am now writing after a much better week. But, I´ll talk about it after la limpieza de la casa (housekeeping),
 
     First off, sorry about the loss of job that Paige experienced this week. That happens unforunately. Just keep going and go to school! You need to get started on that pronto. Go to school, stay busy, and look for a job. Welcome to the big kid´s court. By the way, the U of I campus is really cool. I´ve been there a few times when I was in choir. It´s really nice.
     Gav, dude, that picture you sent me was sick. Needless to say, I am starting to look just as hot as you, but slowly. One day, I will be that skinny. Maybe the Argentine summer coming up will do it for me.
     I´m praying for you Dad about this job. I would really like to come home to the same ward that I left. I love Idaho and after all is said and done, I want to return to live there for the rest of my life. In the northern part anyway.
    
     We had a great week this week. First, we went to a new missionary conference and were there all day. They really emphazised the task of talking to everybody. We ended this week with 150 contacts, which means, we talked with 150 people right our of the blue and ask them if they want us to pass by and teach them. I´m going to be such a more personable person when I get home. My fear or embarassment of talking to people is now gone.
     Last night, we taught a young lady in our branch president´s house with his family. The girl knew the family and wanted to know more about the church. So, we called her and invited her to come to our branch president´s house to hear a lesson. So, she came and we started to teach her. By the time we got to Joseph Smith, there wasn´t a dry eye in the room. She told us that this was the answer she was looking for in her grand search of religions. Amazing lesson. Our branch president was bawling like a baby, and so was I. 
     We are definitely seeing the blessings of the lord in our area. We were doing contacts the other day and we found a lady who was walking with her little girl. We talked to her and she told us that she always wanted to know about our church. But, she said it to me in English! She speaks and understands fluently. So, we taught her in English. First time in a year that I have spoken in english with somebody I didn´t know. Wild. She is going to come to church on sunday.  
     This week, we have a conference on friday with elder aidukitis (sp) of the area presidency of South American South (Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay). Last time he came he bajó la caña (dropped the cane) on the mission. So, we´ll see what happens.
     Soccer was fun on Monday, even though the cheap ball popped 20 minutes into the game. I almost cried. But, the meat we ate was really good. And, I cooked. Dad, you will enjoy the picture I sent of my little asado. Now, I know how to do it, so, we´re going to have a giant asado for my homecoming with everybody we know.
     ¿Saben? I totally forgot that it was September 11th yesterday. Now, I´m sad. That was 10 years ago? ¡No puede ser! The time flies by so fast. I´m almost at a year in the mission! I´m almost home! Just kidding...
     Well, I´ve gotta go now. Thanks for the letters and thanks for all the words of support that you have given me. I love you all and I´ll see you soon!
 
Con todo el amor que poseo en mi corazón,
Élder Garrett Brighton Rook
 
"Mi proposito es invitar a lodas las personas a venir a Cristo..."
 
 P.S. The pictures I sent are, first: Singuera (the name of the lady´s dog that feeds us all the time), other missionaries on monday in soccer get-up, my companion, and creo que my companion in a tree pero no me acuerd






No comments:

Post a Comment