Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekly Letter September 26th 2011





Hola, ¿comó andán?
Well, I´ve got quite a week to share with you, but first some housekeeping:
Okay, concerning the cds. If you want to send the cds in the original boxes, then yes that will be heavy. But, if you can send three cds in there original boxes with another cd inside, that won´t be so heavy. For example, you put avatar in the original box, but you put band of brothers in there with it. So, there are two cds per box. I think that would be better if you could do it. Plus, if you are sending it in a flat rate box, you don´t have to worry about weight. Tape the cds boxes together if you do what I told you. If you can send 6 cds with three boxes, I would like:
-Andrea Bocceli: My Christmas
-Avatar
-Band of Brothers
-Jim Brickman
-Green Mile
-Titanic (if you want, if not its cool, just send 5)
But, if I only have to choose three, they would be:
-Avatar
-Band of Brothers
-Andrea Bocceli: My Chrsitmas
It´s really hard to choose, so just send the six (or five)! C´mon Gavin...you can do it! I already have EFY and Rachmaninoff so don´t worry about those.
Okay, a word to Paige...GO TO BSU!!! If I had the choice between University of Idaho and BSU, that would be a hands down on BSU´s side. Its a way better school, a lot more members, and the education is ten times better than U of I. U of I is good, don´t get me wrong, but its between a Grand Prix or a Mustang, they´re both cars but...c´mon...its a Mustang
Mom, next time that happens with the ladies in Ute´s house, just show her who´s boss and give her a light slap on the face. If you don´t leave a mark, the lady can´t sue you.


Gavin, dude...I still cannot believe how much of a stud you are. First off, when did you learn to play Bob Seger and when did you learn to sing it too? I mean it, we need to get together after the mission and jam again. You are going to play on my next CD, you know that right? Nice photo you sent me, but I have another project for you. I want you to send me pictures of the landacape of Post Falls. I tell people that I live in an area with lush green trees and lakes and rivers, but it would be so cool to have pictures on hand of all of that. If you want to do it, it would be awesome, plus it would help you with your photography.
Okay, that´s about it for housekeeping...on with the letter.
Well, an interesting week to report this week. First, on Tuesday we had exchanges with my District leader, and I went with his companion. We were called in to have interviews with President so we went to the offices together. President wanted to interview me because of the hard time I was having. Great interview, great man. On the way home; we stopped in the center in our area to print some photos. On the way, a black guy from Africa (there are a lot here selling watches and cheap crap all over) called us into his little business on the side of the street. We said no because we thought he was going to try to sell us something. As were walking away we heard: "Yo! The man is talkin´ to you! You get over here and talk to him!" In English mind you. We turned around, after soiling our pants, and saw a, no joke, seven foot black man with wide eyes. We couldn´t run, so we went inside. As soon as we entered, his countanence changed and said, "My name is Ramond Beucanon and I´m from Alabama, where are you guys from?", in a heavy southern accent. Feeling a little relieved we responded and started to talk. Ramond has been in Buenos Aires for 20 years. He plays basketball and he came here to do so, but met an Argentine, and here he stayed. We taught him the first lesson, but I don´t know if he´ll go to church. We taught him in English, so that was cool. He shook my hand and his hand completely engulfed mine. Super scary experience haha
We are going to have a baptism on the 8th of October, so we´re pretty excited for that. We had a stake youth activity in our chapel so we went to help with that. Our baptism brought her friend and the rest of her sisters who aren´t members, so we´re going to be working with that too.
Okay, I´m going to ask you, Mom and Dad, to try to remembr something. In Salt Lake, we went to Temple Square before going to the MTC. During that visit, we met an Argentine sister missionary. Remember? Okay, so there is a young lady in our ward who got back from the mission in Temple Square and we had a family home evening with her family and her last night. I asked if she knew this sister missionary from temple square from Argentina. She asked what here name was and I said that I didn´t remember. I said that she lived in Buenos Aires North and that her grandma lived in Buenos Aires west remember? And that her Grandma fed the missionaries? She went wide eyed and said that she was the only sister missionary from Buenos Aires in all of Temple Square. She asked when this happened and said back in october of 2010, she smiled and said that it was her. She said she remembered a young man coming in with his two parents, who was getting ready to go on the mission. She had been living in the Buenos Aires North mission until just recently and that she was moving back to our ward in Laferrere 2. Super small world! We took a picture, but she hasn´t sent it to me yet. Crazy.
Anyway, that´s about it for my week. Hope you enjoyed it and I look forward to reading your letters next week! Have a great conference and listen hard!
Con todo el amor que poseo en mi corazón,

No comments:

Post a Comment