Monday, February 7, 2011

Letter 2/7/2011

Hola mi familia,
Well, I am so glad to hear all of the good things that are happening to you guys finally! I give thanks to the Lord for all of the success that you have received and I pray that even more comes your way. Grandman emailed me about Paige going to BSU? If University of Idaho didn´t have the piano program that they did, I would think about going to BSU myself. Its a great school and their pragrams are outstanding compared to other schools in the state. Plus, Paige would be close to all of the "Rookites" down in the Boise area. Its a great option that I would give some serious thought and consideration. It makes my heart leap when I hear about Dad´s job. I almost cried when I read the letter saying that he got a job, and it makes me feel even happier when I hear about his success in that job. It almost makes me want to come home and party with you...almost haha. Congratulations on the house! I´ve been in their house because I used to home teach them with Stoker, and its a nice place. I would live there sin problemas (without problems). Just a thought, I have been reading the New Testament lately, and all of your emails are like the Four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). Every one talks about the same situation, but with either less or more information. Like Dad expounded on the conversation with Will, and Mom didn´t. I thought it was funny. Dad, have fun with the excema. Just cream it up and it won´t bother you much. Within five days of living down here, there was no sign that I even had it. I have been excema-free for almost three months. (By the way Dad, "Greetings" is "Saludo" o "Buenas"). When it comes to government or social uneasiness, there isn´t much down here. Most people seem to be content with Presidenta Kirchner right now. But, our problems are dogs (big, mean and scary ones), and drunks (at 10:00 in the morning). The alcohol consumtion down here is astounding, and people wonder why nobody wants to work or has any money. The weather is starting to be a little more tame now. Its still hot (between 75 and 85 with humidity), but nothing compared to a few weeks ago. We had a Carbon Monoxide scare in our apartment last week. The detector woke us up at around 2:00 in the morning and we had to open every window in the apartment to let it vent out. But within five minutes, the detector tunred off and we were able to go back to sleep. By the way, tell that loser gavin to start sending me emails. I hear from everybody else in the family except for him haha
Well, I´m writing this letter after quite a couple of melancholy days. I suspected my comp to be having some flirting problems with an investigator that we are teaching. My District Leader, Elder Bush, wasn´t paying attention to where his area boundaries were and showed up at her house 10 minutes before we were supposed to get there! When we arrived, she was talking to Elder Bush and his companion, and I did a little exchange with Elder Bush because he had some questions for me. After a half an hour we returned to her house. After the Elders left, the flirtations were quite evident, like sitting close so their arms could touch or she would brush his hand when she sat down and stuff like that. That night, I got a call from the Assistants and they wanted to talk to my companion. After the phonecall, my companion threw the phone down on the desk and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. The Assistants called me back and said that the President wanted to meet with us on Sunday (yesterday). After a meeting with the President for about an hour, the President decided to do whats called a "flash". A "flash" is an early transfer where one companion leaves early from his area because of certain problems. Turns out, this wasn´t the first time that my companion has been flashed out. So, I get a new companion in approximately 2 hours. I´m glad this episode with my comp is over. Plus, since yesterday, he has treated me like utter garbage, so unfortunately, I´m not sad to see him go. My new companion is a Latino and only has one more transfer in the mission than I do. So, we´re going to be a couple of youngens in my area for the next three weeks until next transfer.
But, that´s pretty much it for my week. I will be writing again next week about what is happening now. Oh! Our baptism didn´t happen. Turned out that our investigator of 17 years has a mother who is very strongly against the church and didn´t give him authorization to get baptized. So, we have to wait until May for that baptism to happen. But he still comes to church and everything, so the interest and desire are definitely there. He´s already going to have a really strong testimony by the time he´s baptized.
I pray for you all everyday and I hope that all goes well with you. Keep writing, because I love your letters.
I´ll send some pictures when I have my camera with me and when I take some more :-/ I´ll take my camera to District Meeting tomorrow and take pictures of some of the other Elders. I´ll send them to you next week on Monday.
I love you all!
(¡Les amo todo!)
Sinceremente,
Elder Garrett Brighton Rook
Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
La mejor misión del todo el mundo


No comments:

Post a Comment