Monday, February 28, 2011


Hey Everybody!
I´m so glad to get your letters every week! Keep ´em coming! I attached some more pictures for you to look at. The first is Elder Hart and I. He got transferred to another area today, like 3 hours away. We got to be really good friends these past 12 weeks. He says that he wants me to play at his wedding in Las Vegas after the mission. Transfers are sad :-( The other is our Zone before transfers.
Some housekeeping first. As far as I know, I don´t have any problems with my VISA to remain in Argentina. If I did, the mission would let me know. But, as of now, I haven´t heard anything. If there were any problems, I would be going to the Miami Florida Mission, that´s where all of the missionaries go if there VISA fails until they come back to Argentina. Take your time with the CDs, theres no rush. And yes, I can buy gel down here, so I´ll do that. I gave Gavin the run down about the other CD that I wanted (a mix CD with various tracks on it). Gavin knows how to do it all. He´s a capo (stud). I´m glad you had fun at Beauty and the Beast. I know Alex very well, and he is no Tenor, as much as he wants to be. I sent Karenna a congratulations letter about her wedding and I haven´t heard back...weird haha. Man, I miss Sonic Cherry Lemonades like really bad. I could use one of those right now. I looked at the pictures of the ward building, sad. Although, with the flooding, it´s still better than our ward building. We have an infestation of hormigas (ants). At any given moment, there are hundreds of thousands of ants. Gross. I´ll be fine in the winter time. No missionaries here have sleeping bags. I bought the coat the other day, and I do have to admit, I look pretty classy in it. It´s a long trench style coat. Pretty güapo (handsome).
Well, I´m definitely living it up here in Argentina. This morning, before my shower, I killed a cucaracha in the bathroom, a good 2 inches long. Oh haha, I´m writing in Spanish. Cucaracha is cockroach. It was huge! And it screamed as it tried to run away from me. They crawl in through the shower drains, and no matter their size, they can fit into any space imaginable. Kind of nasty, but these experiences will be told for a long time.
Our Mission had a goal of 200 Baptisms at the beginning of transfers. We got the data this morning, since this morning was end of transfer. The mission ended the transfer with 201 baptisms. Talk about close call, if I´d ever seen one. But, we all get T-Shirts now with our names and the amount of baptisms we did. I get one that says Elder Rook with a big "3" on it.
That´s cool that you saw Jesse. He´d make a Mormon. Haha
Send my love to Paige, I didn´t have time to write a response to her email today. But I will write her directly next week. Enjoy the pictures and I´ll write next week.
I love ya all and I´ll talk to you next week
Su hijo, y hermano en Cristo
Elder Garrett Brighton Rook
Misión Buenos Aires Oeste

No comments:

Post a Comment