Monday, February 14, 2011

Letter 2/14/11

¡Hola!

Thanks for writing once again. I always appreciate your letters.
This week has been Awesome! I love my new companion! He´s an awesome
guy and he loves to work. His name is José Martin Morales, and he is
from Mendoza, Argentina. He reported to the Argentine MTC on October
7, 2010. We have the same time in the Mission, almost 5 months. 5
Months?! That´s crazy isn´t it? Already?
Congrats with all of the items that
you´ll be receiving for the house. Count your many blessings. I got a
haircut today with about 7 other missionaries (including my
companiion), and it looks awesome! The guy who was in the barbershop
(the guy cutting hair) asked if one of his staff could take a picture
with all of the missionaries that got haircuts. Its a great picture.
If my district leader can send it to me, I´ll send it to you next
week. My haircut was 10 pesos, aproximately $2.50 en los estados. I
love the exchange rate here, it´s wonderful.
LOST is a good show isn´t it? But I think Prison Break is better
though. More action, same with 24. Prison Break rules! I used to watch
it with Adam, when I didn´t have a life before the mission.
Oh man! Papa Murphy´s! I´m like super jealous right now, because
generally; the pizza here sucks! Its not like American pizza. They
like to use something called "aceituna", which is a green olive. I´m
actually starting to like it. Because it´s on everything.
Hey Dad, next time you go to Nate´s, send him my salutations.
Tell him I miss his food.
Well, my comp and I are working liking crazy. Turns out, that my
companion before, Elder Cortes, did nothing in the Area Book, or the
companionship before us. So, we have no information on investigators
for the past four transfers (6 months). So, that´s our project for the
next couple of weeks. It takes forever to catch up on the Area Book if
it´s way behind. We need to make a teaching record for every
investigator that has been taught two or more lessons, even if they
didn´t progress, so the elders that come in later can find them again
to verify if they are interested later. Fun stuff.
So......WE´RE GOING TO HAVE A BAPTISM THIS SATURDAY!!! We found
an inactive Mom with three daughters who aren´t baptized. The Mom
wants to come back to church and her daughters want to get baptized.
I´m going to baptize two of them. Obedience brings blessings. As a
companionship, we made a goal to be exactly obedient to all of the
rules of the mission. As soon as we made that commetment, we started
to see the blessings. We started to find good people to start taking
the lessons and commiting to be baptized. We commit somebody to be
baptized in the first lesson here in this mission. It´s kind of
strang, I know, but it lets our inestigators know why we are there,
and wha our purpose is as missionaries. And it the Spirit is there,
there is no reason to be nervous or hesitant.
I love you all and I will write you next week with more info on
what happened on Saturday, and photos as well. Keep the letters
coming, I appreciate them!

With love,

Elder Garrett Brighton Rook
Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
La mejor misión en todo del mundo

P.S. When you send the dots, could you send a CD as well? The staff in
the offices want one so they can make copies for the missionaries.

P.S.S My address for letters follows, in case anybody in the ward
wants to send me a letter:

Elder Garrett Brighton Rook
Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
C.C. 92
Buenos Aires, Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment