Monday, February 21, 2011

Letter 2/21/11




Hey!

Well, it was a great week this week. We had three baptisms on
Saturday! Pictures are attached! It was a great day of which I will
never forget. The time for the Baptism came around and we went to the
church to get everything preped and ready. The Assistants to the
President (Elder Palacios y Elder Aguirre, both from Chile) called and
they said that they were going to attend the Baptism to help us with
whatevery we needed. We bought some cookies and juice for everybody
that was going to show up. We went to the house of the family to pick
up the three girls who were going to get baptized and the Mom told us
that she wasn´t going to go because she didn´t feel good. She´s kind
of a headcase. So, we were pretty sad about that, but we had to
continue on with the baptism. So we, the Assistants and me and my
companion, all headed back the the church with the girls and their
older and younger sisters. We showed up to the church and cleaned a
little bit while people were coming. Then, we all dressed in white and
went outside for pictures. Thus you see the pictures attached. I
baptized two of the girls, Roxana (13) and Florencia (11) (far left
and far right). The other girl is Andrea (9). The feeling I had was
nothing I had ever felt before, saying that I was commisioned by Jesus
Christ, the Spirit was so incredibly strong, I couldn´t believe it.
Afterward, Elder Aguirre told me "Bienvenido a la misión" (Welcome to
the Mission). I look forward to other days like that.
Congratulations on the move. I hope it goes smoothly. Toss the
posters, except the James Bond, I like that one a lot, and I think it
would look good in my college dorm room Haha. And yes Mom, the time is
flying by, it seriously feels like I´ve been a missionary for like a
month. Sorry,but I do have to say that If you guys move to Florida, I think I´m going to stay in Post Falls to go to school. Maybe Gavin could live
with me after he gets home from his mission! That would be so cool!
Well, I would have you send some of my soundtracks down, but I kind of
want to keep them after the mission. You could make copies on iTunes
and burn them onto discs and send them to me that way, with the
exception of the Green Mile Soundtrack because it has other various
tunes on it. Like Band of Brothers, and you can send me my Mozart
Collection box set that I think I put in the cupboard with your CDs.
Gavin knows how to burn CDs. If you could, I would LOVE to have the
Mormon Tabernacle Showtime as well. I bet Brass Plates has it. It´s
like Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings songs from movies, and we can
listen to it, because its MOTAB, and 22 Greatest Hits if they have it
too. I don´t know what it is, but I´m starting to love them! Juice
packets would be great too! And my CD of course, because I´m going to
give it to President and his Wife. Just send it to the Mission Office
because my area doesn´t have an address. I get mail and packages every
week on Tuesday from the Office. And if you could find the Meet Joe
Black soundtrack somewhere that would be awesome! But if not it´s
okay. Hastings might have it. Oh and my EFY CD! Ship the package with
a flat rate box from the Post Office in Post Falls, next to Hollywood
(or what used to be). You can ship up to forty pounds for like $40
internationally. Oh, also a little thing I wanted to address. My Debit
Card is going to expire in March of this year. I was withdrawling some
money to buy a coat and noticed the experation date. I need a new
card! Don´t worry though, I already withdrew the funds to buy a coat,
so I´ll be okay for a while. But, anyway I think that´s all I wanted
to address. The address I sent last week is for letters only, but I
think you have the pachage address already, There is one correction I
need to make to the address and I will give it in a post script at the
end of this letter.
I love you all and I pray for you daily. I am so happy for the
success that you are now experiencing. And I thank God everyday for
that.

I love you and I´ll see you soon!

Elder Garrett Brighton Rook
Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste

P.S. Address:

Elder Garrett Rook
Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
C.C. 92
1702 Ciudadela
Buenos Aires, Argentina

P.S.S. I was looking at the pictures that you sent like two weeks ago,
and I was fat! I´ve lost a ton of weight since I´ve been here. you´ll
see in the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment