Monday, January 3, 2011

Another Week in Moreno



How are you all? I hope you all had a great New Years in the States, because it was kind of boring here. But, the fireworks were pretty cool. Anyway, quite a week to report. I hope you are reading this before you see the pictures. Because there is a story behind every one the them. Tuesday was District Meeting and about once every three weeks, they have whats called ´diviciones´ or exchanges. I went to Paso Del Rey with my District Leader. We walked and walked and walked, but didn´t seem to have much success. I wasn´t feeling good in the meantime. So, we ended our day and went back to the apartment. I was still pretty sick and I felt really dehydrated. So, I laid down in bed and tried to go to sleep. I was awakened and rushed to the bathroom and threw up. Felt 100% better after that and wasn´t sick after that. So, the Elders in Paso Del Rey sleep outside because there is no air conditioning in their apartment. So, we crashed outside on their balcony. My companion wore no bug spray that night, because he told me he had never worn bug spray in their area. So, I though it was okay not to wear any. Not a good idea. My face was okay and untouched. But my hands and especially my feet were covered with hundreds of mosquito bites. I called the Mission President´s Wife, because she handles all the medical in the mission, to let her know what happened in case I got sick. She didn´t seem too worried and said to keep her informed. I haven´t been sick and I don´t think I will, but it hurt really bad, especially when it came to walking.
Thursday was a normal day, except it was the hottest day I can remember here. Even the natives were sweating.
Friday was New Years Eve, and we had a feast with a member family. So...much...food. We had everything that people talk about in Argentina. Asado, chancho, chinchulin, morcilla, and all other kinds of food. We went back the the apartment and watched fireworks afterward.
New Years Day was an absolute joke. We walked all over and had no success whatsoever. We could´ve stayed in bed and had the exact same success as we did. We went to our lunch appointment and they bailed, they weren´t even at their house when we showed up. There was nobody on the street. The busiest streets in Moreno were absolutely dead. Not a soul.
On Sunday, after Church, we walked some more and taught a few people. While we were walking; we passed this fence and there were some dogs barking at us, no big deal. Then this one dog came from the street and started to snarl at us. We just ignored it and kept walking. He´ll go away. The stupid dog came up and bit me in the ankle! And kept snarling. I bent down as if to pick up a rock and he ran off. That´s what you do if a dog won´t leave you alone. Even if there isn´t a rock, just bend down as if to pick one up and the dog will run off. I am seriously starting to hate dogs after being here. I am seriously considering not having a dog when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment