Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekly Letter September 10, 2012

Hey!

     Writing after an amazing week. Super spiritual and unforgetable. On Friday, we had a conference with Elder Eyring, Ballard, and Cristofferson. They have seriously become my favorite three apostles. Elder Eyring always ends up crying in his talks which makes me cry. Elder Cristofferson is an absolute stud. He gave his talks in Spanish because he had served his mission in Argentina. Their talks were incredible and I have them written down in my study journal. Saturday was incredible. We went to the cultural event in Avellaneda in Buenos Aires in the Independiente Soccer Stadium. There were about 25,000 spectators. They performed the traditional dances from the country, Chacarera, Chamame, and Malambo. Look them up on Youtube or something. You`ll like them. There was a part where they sang called to serve and all the missionaries walked out onto the field. About 500 missionaries. It was amazing. I`m sure the church is going to make it a mormon message in the next month or so. On sunday, we went to the temple dedication in our stake center and it was incredible. Probably the most spiritual enriching event I have ever been in. I forgot how amazing a temple dedication is. I have all my things from the weekend so I`ll show you when I get home. But, needless to say, it was an unforgetable weekend.
     Unfortunatly, I couldn`t take any pictures because we weren`t allowed to. But, I`m sure the Hermana Carter took a lot of pictures. She`s always walking around with her camera. So be checking on the blog to see if she put some pictures on there. 
     Dad, all the plans sound good to me. I do want the Rouse Family to be there and also the Clark Family on Saturday night, if that would be possible. They really helped me a lot to get out here. Yeah, its going to be a busy week when I get home but I can rest on sunday afternoon. That means I have to prepare my homecoming talk? Just kidding. I`ll probably do it on the plane ride home. 
     Mom, that little desk I would still like to have for now. If I don`t want it after I get back, I`ll make arrangements to get rid of it. It would be nice to have. I`ll probably use it for a while anyway. I do love that bed I had before, but if there is only a single bed available, I`ll take it. I`ve been on one for the last two years. I`m in a bunk bed now, so anything other than a bunk bed would be fantastic.  
      My letters are getting shorter every week. But, I don`t have much to tell other than I already told. I`m looking around for you guys`s gifts. I found some awesome collectors spoons that Grandma will love. I`m not sure what to get grandpa. Gavin, I found a sweet knife that`s made out a toe of an ostrich. It`s sick. I`m thinking about getting it for you. I`m still looking around so I`ll find some stuff in the next few weeks. I love you guys and I`ll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment