Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekly Letter April 9, 2012






Hola, ¿qué tal?

Well, another week absolutely rockets by in the mission. I can´t believe that I am now officially an old missionary. I don´t feel old. To be honest, I think I just started my mission a few months ago. I just got done being with my trainer. I just left my first area. But, as I come to the end of my time in my third area, I become sad to think that my next transfer will be from the country. But, six months is a long time...so I´ll make them the best six months of my missionpastedGraphic.pdf

On Wednesday, Buenos Aires suffered heavy storms with hail the size of Golf balls, heavy rain, and high winds. We got some of it here as well. Many vehicles, houses, and other stuctures were heavily damaged, and ten people in Buenos Aires were killed by the storm. As a result, water and electricty stations were heavily damaged so the majority of the Greater Buenos Aires area is still without water and electricty. Because of the great need for nesecities such as water and electricity, reports of robbing, civil unrest, and murders have been reported in the last few days. As a result, President Carter decided to remove 54 missionaries from their respective areas to keep them safe. Pretty crazy stuff right? I sent you a document that´s called the "Sol" or Sun in Spanish. Its the weekly newsletter that we get from the offices with a weekly message from the Mission President. I am sending this to you because its really interesting to see how the church responded in a disaster situation such as this. Look at page three for English.

Hey Mom, I saw that you are friends with Zeneida on Facebook. Thats pretty funny that you´re talking with my investigators. She is so cool and she takes good care of us. Just give her a few words of encouragement about getting married. Her pareja (partner) is a little iffy with the whole thing, but I think he´ll do it if we just give him a little push. She just needs to build her faith a little bit and she´ll be an amazing member. We´re hoping that they get married on the 20th of this month so she can get baptized before I leave. The guy she´s taking care of is kind of negative so she just needs somebody helping her out all the time. She has a true desire to be baptized and be a member of the church. She told me that she knows the church is true and that she wants to be a part of it. Its just this little obstacle that´s keeping her from doing it. Encourage her and make her feel good.

I sent you guys some pictures this week! I hope you guys like them! The picture of the building is the Catholic church in Chivilcoy, the Zone Leaders Area. Its gigantic. Really pretty too.

Another congratulations to Paige for deciding to go on a mission. I´m so happy for you and I am grateful to know that you have this great desire to serve the Lord. You´re going to have the experience of a lifetime. Also congrats on your BofM Class! 92% is an amazing score! Keep it up with everything else too!

Have fun, Gavin, at Prom dude! I´m still waiting for the letter that says that you had your first kiss, so...I´m hoping I get that letter next monday...haha! Be safe and have fun. Yeah, its kind of nasty at Prom, but I had a lot of fun. Its really not too terrible, it depends on who you´re hanging around.

Dad, just keeping swimming with the subject of finding a job. You´ll find something soon, I hope its up there. Something brought us up there, and God doesn´t do anything without a pretty good reason. I don´t remember my SAT score. I know I took the SAT and not the ACT. But, I took it during Junior year so I don´t remember my score. I think it was something like 1192. Actually I´m pretty sure it was that. But, the High School should have that score as well. I´ll call my Mission President today to ask for an interview.

Well, really nothing else this week. It was kind of slow other than the storm. But, read President´s Message, it was really good. I love you guys so much and I look forward to your letter tomorrow, sorry next week, but it´ll feel like tomorrow.

The church is true!


Élder Garrett Brighton Rook

Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste

"La mejor misión de todo el mundo...."

No comments:

Post a Comment