Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekly Letter April 2, 2012






Hola!!!!

Well, another week comes to an end in the mission. Conference was amazing and I enjoyed it immensly. I especially liked Elder Hollands talk on the 11th hour. Awesome guy.

First, to comment on you guys:

Gavin, your tux is bomb bro. That is the store I went to when I went to prom. The guy there is really cool. Umm, things we did besides the dance...we went to dinner at this place in Couer d´Alene, some Italian restaurant...I forgot what its called. Then we went to the dance and I think we got Gooies afterward. No, I remember my date went to the hopsital half-way through the dance. We got gooies my first prom. To tell you the truth, my two proms weren´t really that exciting. But, you could probably find some ideas online of what to do during prom activities. You could always just go to park in Couer d´Alene and make out...hahahapastedGraphic.pdf just kidding, sorry Mom. Gav, keep the Gears of War two music coming. If you could send the whole album in seperate emails this week, that would be sweet, then I just transfer all to my flash drive and listen to it when I want. If you can, awesome, if not, its okay. I´ll just look forward to a new song every week.

Paige...YEAH!!!!!!!!!! You´re going on a mission!!!! That is seriously the best news I´ve heard for the last year and a half. I am so glad! You are in for the experience of a lifetime. Pray that you go Spanish Speaking, so we can speak spanish together (Hermana Rook). You will come back a completely different person and your spirituality will grow beyond what you can imagine. The Lord has great things in mind for you, prepare yourself well and make sure that you are ready when that time comes.

I am having major problems with the ´e´ key on the keyboard right now. I didn´t realize how much the ´e´ is used when writing an email until I have to go back and put the ´e´ into words where is wasn´t placed.

Sorry about your foot Mom. I hope you feel better soon so you can get back to your things. Congratulations on the amazing weight loss Mom! Thats so awesome! I think I´ve pretty much plateued. Yeah, I excersize every morning, but the members just give us so much food that the amount of excersize with the amount of food intake has just about equalized. I can´t lose anymore without putting a good hour of excersize in everyday, which is what I´m going to do when I get home. Now with winter coming, I need to really hit it hard in the morning, so I don´t gain weight. I´m not broke, when talking about money; its just that I use the monthly funds every month to buy other things I need; food, internet, bike repairs, ibuprofen, travel, stuff like that. So, when a new expense comes along, such as new pants or shirts or whatever, I don´t have quite enough funds. Which is normal in the mission. Everybody uses personal funds to replace clothing, its actually a rule. But, thank you so much for the money you sent me. I haven´t found a good pair yet for a decent price, but when I go to Buenos Aires in the near future, I´ll buy one there. Everything is more expensive where I am.

Thats interesting Mom about the sister missionaries. Against the rules to see another site? I could imagine if they were using it themselves, but if you show them, its not against the rules. I say interesting, because its against the rules to visit any site beside MyLDSMail.net, even if its Mormon.org. It says it in the rulebook that every missionary carries around. Did they navigate Mormon.org or did you guys do it? Give them references!

How is my application going for BYU by the way? Is it almost done? I hope so because i´m getting really excited to start school. Now, I am not truky AT ALL. I am just a little excited to start schooling again. Thats all...pastedGraphic_1.pdf Can you believe it? On the 6th of this month...I hit 18 months as a missionary! So crazy! Where did the time go?

The pìctures I sent you are all from today. We had another asado with my favorite family here in my area. Maggie is the girl that I baptized on Christmas and Zeneida is her Mom. We are still waiting for Zeneida to get married so she can get baptized. They bought all the meat and I cooked. We all went for ice cream aftrwards and took pictures in the central park of the city. Fun day. That asado was sooooo good. There was another brother that went with us too. We just don´t have a picture with him.

Nothing much has happened this week. We had six investigators go to conference this week, which was really good. We are going to have a baptism on the 14th of this month if all goes well, and I hope it does. The kids want to get baptized so we just need to hope that that excitement survives until the baptism. They´re good kids and they´ll make awesome members of the branch.

Bueno, creo que no tengo mucho para decir esta semana. Pero, yo tengo un testimonio de este Evangelio. Yo sé que José Smith es el profeta de la restauración y que, por medio de él, todas las llaves del sacerdocio fueron restauradas para poner el Evangelio de Jesucristo en la tierra otra vez, en su plenitud. Sé que el Libro de Mormón es verdadero, y que no hay otro libro más correcto sobre la faz de la tierra que este. Sé que tenemos un amoroso Padre Celestial que siempre es conciente de lo que nos pasa en cada momento. Hay que confiar en él, y él nos guiará. "Confía en Jehová tu Dios con todo tu corazón y no te apoyes en tu propia prudencia." Proverbios 3:5. Yo digo estas cosas humildemente en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

I´m afraid that I don´t have much to say for this letter. But, I do have a testimony of this Gospel. I know that Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration and that through him, all the priesthood keys were restored to place the Gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth once again, in its fulness. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that there is no other book, upon the face of the earth, that is more correct. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who is always aware of what we go through. We must trust him and he will guild us in every moment. "Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not unto thine own understanding" Proverbs 3:5. I say these things humbly in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment