Monday, January 9, 2012


Buen día,

Okay, to start...right now, its over one hundred degrees outside. And, the loser running the internet business has a giant air conditioning unit above all the computers that is turned off. Gotta love this country. Now, a bunch of little kids from the age of 8-12 just walked in the door to all play an online military game. Get a life for heaven´s sake.

Anyway, writing after a somewhat slow week, even though it went by quickly. I only say slow for the lack of exciting news. But first, I´m going to handle some housekeeping.

Gavin, congrats on your goal to do senior photos. I want you to take my pictures for my next CD when I get home okay? It would be awesome. I also want you to play on it. We could be the IL ROOK someday, haha.

Paige, congrats on getting your Pathway program off the ground. Do a good job and get good grades. Work hard, "sin tregüa" (Without letting up).

This week, the President and the Assistants came to my area and brought us a box of mail. There were a few Liahonas inside and some things that we asked for from the mission. I found a letter from Marisa Buffaloe. Turns out that she sent me a wedding invite. I couldn´t RSVP because I got the letter on the 8th and the deadline was the 5th.

Mom, that´s awesome that you got the job to start subbing in school. That means that the whole Rook family has now been a resident, at one time or another, of Post Falls High School. Interesting.

Dad, I don´t want to hear anything about the ice, snow, freezing temperatures, or frost on the windshield in the morning pastedGraphic.pdf I have been telling myself that I only need to suffer about two months more to get through this summer. Its really hotter than the seventh level of pastedGraphic_1.pdf down here. I have been getting headaches like crazy lately. I think its the sun. That last three days; we´ve had temperatures just under or just above 100 degrees farenheit. And, we still work anyway, sun or no. I told President about my re-occuring headaches, but I´ll see what he says later.

Okay, MY WEEK........pastedGraphic_2.pdfpastedGraphic_3.pdfpastedGraphic_4.pdfpastedGraphic_5.pdf

On Thursday, I had to go to the city of Chivilcoy to do some baptismal interviews for some elders in my district. An hour long bus ride at 4:40 in the morning. Fun stuff. We were there all day and even stayed the night. The good thing was that I am super good friends with the new zone leader, Elder George. The zone leaders live in the same apartment with the elders in my district. I´ve sent pictures of him home many times. In one of my pictures, him and I are wearing matching blue ties at a zone conference. So, we had a tone of fun.

On Saturday, the Assistants and President came to my area in the morning. They did an apartment inspection, and they didn´t find anything because it was spotless (thanks Mom!). Then, they interviewed me and my companion. When he called me in for my interview, I was a little nervous since It was a little out of the norm for him to come about two and a half hours to talk to me. But, the interview was really awesome. I love President so much, he´s my hero. Turns out, he wanted to talk about the branch to see how it was going. He said that he wanted to see double the attendance that we are having now every sunday by the end of the year, but that he wanted me to start teaching the branch to do home teaching, visiting teaching, and stuff like that. I said okay. Okay, you guys remember that I just got done training a new missionary right? So, President wants me to train a new missionary again starting at the end of this month. My companion right now is going to leave, and I´ll be training...again. So, I´ll have two kids in the mission! I´m excited to train again, because it really helps me to work hard. Plus, he said that I would be training an American, so I get to teach spanish to a new missionary.

Other than that, not much else has occured this week. Same ol´ same ol´. Are you guys going to be sending a package? Please let me know so I can tell you what I want. Plus, Gavin; send me some pictures from my facebook of things before the mission. Such as, friends, family, guys night at Argo´s cabin, photos from the picnic before my mission, SNOW, stuff like that. I would be really appreciative if you did so. I love you guys and have a good week! I look forward to seeing you all soon!

Con amor,

Élder Garrett Brighton Rook

"Sé el cambio que quieras ver en el mundo"

p.s. The photo that I sent is a sister in our ward. She has two daughters, but the other one was taking the picture

No comments:

Post a Comment