Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Weekly Letter 4/25/11





¡Hola a todos!
¡Felices Pascuas! Happy Easter! I hope this letter finds everybody in good health and in good spirits. I hope that Easter passed well and that you all know that I did have a good Easter here in La Bella del Sur (The Beauty of the South).
I just want to let you know, that I love getting your letters every week. I love to read about what´s happening in your lives because it makes me feel good that I have a family that loves and cares for me. My companion is from Mendoza and his Mom left when he was 9 months old. He doesn´t know who she is, and he´s been living with his grandmother since that time. He hasn´t received a letter from his family for the past 3 almost 4 months. I can´t help but feel terrible for him. I give the Lord thanks for the family I have every day.
Okay, first a little housekeeping. Don´t worry about the CDs. Some of them would be really nice right now. I don´t think I requested too much, but just do the ones I requested for now (with the exception of the Mormon Tabernacle CDs, I don´t need those right now). Congrats to Gavin on the big fat paycheck. He´s gonna have pretty chubby pockets in no time. I remember when Matt Connery worked for Dockside in Coeur d´Alene and he got payed 5 dollars an hour, but he made it all up in tips, and more todavia. I did write Daniel this week. I told him to shake it off and keep going. He wrote me back today and said that it´s all good. I finally got a letter from Kim! Sounds like the fam is doing good. I´ll write them a little later this week. Oh, by the way, if anyone asks to be friends with me on my Facebook and their name sounds really funny, its likely that they are from around here. Just accept them, I´m making a ton of friends down here, and they all want to be friends on facebook. Are you keeping my facebook up by the way? It´s interesting, I was reading Dad´s letter and the heading says "Otra semana en Post Falls". But the funny thing is, I didn´t realize that it was in Spanish. It didn´t even register in my mind, I just read it without even skipping a beat. It´s so incredibly weird. I can read, write, speak, and understand Spanish. I never thought I would ever do that in my entire life. Something else, I received Mom´s email about Southern Virginia University and I looked on the website. Bad idea. The University looks incredibly awesome, and I would probably consider going there, but the other things is...when I looked on the site, I became incredibly trunky. Not that I want to go home or anything, its just that I am so devulged in the work that when I see something from the outside world, I don´t know how to take it. So, we will talk about school in about a year from now haha kind of funny huh? That is so awesome about Paige! Thats going to be such an awesome opportunity! I will make sure to take other pictures from now on. Seattle or Florida would both be re piola (ray-peeola) (super awesome). Either one would work, but Southern Virginia University would be pretty cool too, in the midst of all of that History! I would die there! But, you know, that when the family moves and I come home, we´re going to visit Post Falls before we head to Florida. I have way too many friends in Post Falls. They´re like my family. just thought you should know. :-)
Okay, now from Argentina. We have set a date for Steven to finally get baptized! He turns 18 on the 5th of May and he is going to get baptized on the 7th. He doesn´t want to waste anytime to finally get baptized. He is a super stud! He wants to serve a mission and everything! Him and Jorgelina (hor-hey-leena), his girlfriend, are going to be awesome members of the church. And Jorgelina asked me to baptize her! It´s going to be a great day on the 7th of May.
The weather is getting a little better now. It´s not so incredibely hot but the humidity is still here. I hope you like humidity if you guys are going to Florida. Humid, hot, and wet. That´s how it is here. But, the weather here now is a little chilly with humidity. So it feels a little colder. I love it.
We are planning to have about 2 other baptisms on the same day as Steven and Jorgelina. They are family members of a recent convert and they are getting super excited for their baptism as well.
Bueno, I don´t have a ton to write this week. We are going to have Zone Conference on Thursday and I´m pretty stoked for that. I love Zone Conference, but that´s about the highlight of my week so far. I love you all, and I wish all the best. I ask the Lord to bless you everyday, and I know it´s happening, and for that, I give the Lord thanks everyday. Stay firm in the faith and never give up.
I love you all!
Elder Garrett Brighton Rook
Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
La mejor misión de todo el mundo
P.S. Will send more pictures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment