Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekly letter 4/4/11



Everybody!
Well, I´m writing after a great Conference weekend. And to answer your question, yes I did watch conference...in English! They always set it up in English in another room for the elders from the states or other places. Turns out, there were like 10 elders who watched it in our stake. It was fun, we all bought pop and cookies and stuff on Saturday. I especially liked Priesthood session. I definitely learned a lot and will apply it to my daily life as a missionary.
Well, I think a congratulations is in order. Paige! Congratulations on the new gig in Alabama! That´s so exciting! I hope all the best and will pray for you daily. This will give you an opportunity to grow and get out of the house! Save your money, although I don´t need to tell you that. But, most of all, have fun!
No, I did not receive my visa card yet, but you didn´t send it too long ago, and it should get here in the next couple of weeks. Don´t worry about me spending money, I don´t have anything to spend it on right now. I´m pretty much set for a while on what I need. If I need anything urgently, I´ll let you know.
I wouldn´t worry about Gavin getting his eagle. He´ll get it. Just wait ´til schools over and he´ll get it knocked out. He still has two summers until he´s 18. But still Gavin, you need to get it done dude. That car is waiting for ya.
Last night, we had the storm that would beat any storm that you´ve ever seen. I wish I could post the video somewhere, but I can´t. We stood on our roof and filmed the beginnings of the storm. We had to go inside within like five minutes because if was flat out dangerous to be outside. The storm started out as completely electrical. The lightning was jumping the clouds. It wasn´t touching the ground and the hail was the size of marbles with rain afterward. It was absolutely incredible. I will keep the video on my camera until I get home. Totally sick...
Well, the kid I told you about two letters ago who we had the super spiritual experience with; we visited him again and he told us that the story of Joseph Smith was just a lie. I was super sad, and I hope that he can find his way back someday. But, on a happier note, we have the possibility to have 4 baptisms this Saturday, and we´re totally excited! It´s so incredibly rewarding to see your work with investigators come to the end with a baptism.
Not much to write this week I´m afraid. Transfers are on Monday, so I will write you to let you know where I got transfered to. I pretty sure I´m being transfered, because I´ve been in Moreno for 4 1/2 months and I kind of want to leave haha. But I´m super excited to be going to a new area with new people, if in fact it does happen. But, who knows, I could stay here for another 6 weeks. The time here in the mission is just flying by! On the 6th, I hit 6 months in the mission! Crazy! My comp are making flan, dulce de leche flavor of course, and we´re going to eat alfajores that day to celebrate our 6 month anniversary. Haha
I´ll write you next week from a new area, I hope, and I hope that this letter finds everybody in good health. I love you all and I´ll see you soon...
Con amor,
Elder Garrett Brighton Rook
Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
La mejor misión de todo el mundo
P.S. The pictures are of me, Elder George (the Elder with the Trump Tie), and Elder Jackson (my brother in the mission, we had the same trainer)

No comments:

Post a Comment