Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 27, 2012


Hola Familia Mìa!
     Writing after quite a busy week, but all happy here. Thanks for all your letters this week, I always look forward to reading your letters. Sounds like your week was a good one, and mine was too. But, I`ll address your letters first before addressing my week.
     Dad, I`m happy to hear that you are happy with your new job. Dad, I`ll find you a rad tie. They have some really good ties here, so I`ll get you one. There is also a knife set for asado that I want to get you. Its about 30 bucks, so about 50 bucks from you, and I can get you everything. You can`t say no to an Argentine knife set right? Haha
     Mom, congrats on the weight loss. I was thinking about what I want to get you, and Sister Carter has something that I want to get you. I asked her about it and it costs about 50 dollars. I also want to get Paige one, and one for my future wife...haha. But, I`ll look around and see if I can find something cheaper. But, where Sister Carter got it is in one of the stores where the missionaries go at the end of the mission. So, I`ll go there, and she wants to know if she needs to call some more in, so let me know. They`re awesome...trust me.
     Paige, I`ll look around and see what you would like. I was thinking about getting you what I want to get Mom, but I`ll look around some more. I`m actually going shopping today to see what`s out there.
     I want to get Grandma a spoon from Buenos Aires. You know, she collects spoons, and there are some really pretty ones in Capital. So, I was thinking about that.
     Gavin, I`m not sure what you want. If I were you, I would send about 50 bucks and I`ll buy you a knife or something. I`ll look around I promise. I also want to get you a CD of Argentine Folklore Music so you can here some sweet acoustic guitar music. Give me some ideas. Research on the internet and let me know what would spike your interest to have.
     Send me a list so I have an idea of what you want and I`ll get you a quote on how much it would cost. 
     
     Well, today...I start my last transfer in the mission. Six weeks from now and I`ll be done. Thats scary huh? I feel like I just started. So...the countdown starts.
     Our week was really busy. Interviews with President, knocking doors, church, etc. We were able to find a family yesterday and we challenged them to be baptized right there! So crazy. They said yes, but we`ll be working with them so they can really be baptized. The kid who was supposed to be baptized hasn´t really been progressing so we don`t don`t know if he will be baptized. But, its better that this happens before the baptism than after. 
     Michael Murphy did write me back. He said: "I want to try to answer some of your questions. I know that you are worried about sustaining yourself that first semester. There have been quite a few church jobs open recently. I do not know their current status but I would be happy to inquire about, if you would like. U of I vocalists pay for accompanists so you could also make money that way. Then there are jobs outside of music and I could also help scout out the possiblity of those jobs. Frankly, I have never known a student not find a job if they were looking for one." Cool guy. He also says that he`s looking forward to our visit to him in mid-October. 
     But, we`re just working hard and seeing miracles. I`ve gotta go, but I look forward to reading from you next week. I love you guys and I look forward to being re-united with you again.  

Élder Garrett Brighton Rook
 Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
        "La mejor misión de todo el mundo..."

No comments:

Post a Comment