Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 6,2012


Saludos de Argentina...

     Thanks for the great letter this week. We have had quite a week of miracles this week, but I`ll address some things that you have written to me first.

     First Mom, about your work. I can understand both sides of the spectrum, in between you and the bishop. The bishop is right. But, you are also doing something that you maybe cannot avoid. You need to work for right now until Dad gets a job. But, you also need to go to church every week, which the bishop addressed. I suggest that you take it to Heavenly Father and that you listen to the council of the bishop. Maybe Mom, you might have to let the job go if it gets in the way of church attendence. I know, I`m a missionary and its easy for me to say, given that I do not work and have zero problem getting to church. But, Elder Uchtdorf said in the the last Priesthood Session, "sometimes, we have to step out into the darkness, so the Lord can put firm ground beneath our feet". I personally would suggest not working on Sundays since it is a covenant that we take upon us when we are baptized. But, we must also keep in mind that our loving, merciful, and all knowing Father in Heaven, would make sure that his covenants are kept and would not let something get in the way of keeping said covenants. God knows that we need food, shelter, and...money to support ourselves. In 3 Nephi 13, the Lord Jesus Christ explains in verses 25-34, that we should not concern ourselves with what we are to eat, drink or clothe ourselves with, because our Father in Heaven knows that we have need of such things to survive. But He gives us this one council, "But search first the Kingdom of God and its righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto thee...". Mom, take it to the Lord, and the Lord will give you a wiser answer than I. I love you so much, and I have a testimony that the Lord blesses us when we most need it. But only if we are willing to keep his commandments. I have seen the Spirit touch the hearts of those who are not from the church, when they promise to not work on Sundays anymore so they can get baptized and take upon themselves the Abrahamic Covenant, and ultimately, the name of Christ. "Who am I, saith the Lord, to promise and not complete?" Doctrine and Covenants 58:31.
     Second, the only thing that I want to buy from here is a pair of leather scripture covers for my spanish scriptures. A lady does them here and they are amazing! I`ve pretty much got everything that I want. Thats the only thing left that I would like to have. Its about 400 pesos, which is about a hundred bucks maybe a little less. That is truly something that I would keep forever, because it would last forever. But, if I want them, I have to order them ASAP, given that the lady takes about three weeks to make them. So, let me know. :-)  
     Third, I am not going to buy a new pair of shoes. Its not necesary at this point. I only have two months left. By the time I break them in, I`ll be home. There not that bad anyway. I super glued them together again, so they should be just fine.    
     
     Well, our week was pretty amazing. First, we had 8 people who were not members in Church on sunday, and we found a family of 5 who wants to get baptized! They came to church out of nowhere and they invited us to their house with a cake waiting for us and said that they had family in another ward in the mission and the only thing that they want is to be just as happy as they are. So, we challenged them to baptism and they said yes. So, on the 25th of August, we should be having in-between four and five baptisms! We were definitely blessed this week and we were able to see a truly golden family. 
     The temple is now open to the public since Saturday, and will continue to have the open house until the 25th. So, we`re going to be taking a lot of investigators to the temple this next two weeks. Hopefully we`ll see some major success through the open house, but I`m sure that we will. 
     Well, I`ve gotta go so I will write you next week. I love you and I look forward to the day when we will be reunited (but not in a trunky way). 
     
Good night and good luck...


Élder Garrett Brighton Rook
 Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
        "La mejor misión de todo el mundo..."

No comments:

Post a Comment