Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekly Letter May 5, 2012


Hola familia!
     Thanks again for always writing me every week. I always look forward to receiving your letters! Thanks for the picture of you guys with Kim and Dwight, tell them that I said that I love them so much and look forward to seeing them soon!
     Well, writing after an interesting week. I´ll start with housekeeping first:
     Yeah, I know the Terells. They´re a sweet family. Jeremy´s a stud. I´m glad to hear that they´re doing well. Tell them I said hi.
     Congrats to gavin on his placement in the competition. 3rd Place! So crazy! I remember when I went to Boise. It was a sweet trip. I think I placed 6th in the tenor division. I can´t wait until we can sing something together. Like in the Ward Christmas Party. Haha
     I sent a note to Drew, so that´s already done. Tell him I said hi if you see him. 
     I guess we´ll talk more about whats going on when we call each other.
     Okay, with the branch, to satisfy all of your curiosity. It all started with the Quorum President. He has been behaving terribly because he always had talked bad about our Branch President to other members. So, we said enough and called the councelor to our mission president in charge of our district. He said he would take care of it. So, they spoke the following sunday and our qp left angrily. Then, our Branch President started talking badly about our investigators and then refusing to work with us. So, we were working without support whatsoever from our branch. Our investigators started to stop coming to church. The level of success that we were having started to go through the floor. Our branch was having almost thirty people every week. Then this happened, and the attendance went from almost thirty people to fifteen people from one sunday to the other. It rippled through the organizations and caused a great effect on the members here. Luckily, no investigators were hurt by it, so our rep with the non-members wasn´t effected. The leaders have had interview after interview, and even talking about making an elder...hint hint...the branch president here until all this passed over. But, we still haven´t seen a change, nor verdict from the leaders. Hopefully something changes soon, or this branch is going to, frankly, die. So, thats whats going on right now in Chacabuco. Hopefully it ends soon. 
     On sunday, I´ll probably call you guys at about one or two o´clock. Earlier no. So, be ready for a call at about that time. Sorry for the short letter, but I frankly do not know what to write about, given we´re going to talk to each other in less than a week. I look forward to our conversation. Mom and Dad, 20.00-25.00 would be perfect. I really appreciate all you do for me and I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for the great parents who raised me. Thanks for everything and we´ll talk to you soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment