Friday, March 16, 2012

Weekly Letter March 14, 2012




Hola otra vez...

Well first...apology for the late letter. Once every six weeks, from now on; p-day will be on wednesday, because changes are on wednesday and the mission doesn´t want the missionaries to lose two days of work, p-day and going to the offices on wednesday, so just to let you know.

First up, Gavin. CONGRATULATIONS ON GOING TO STATE!!!!! I knew you would make it, cause you´re a Rook. Mr. Mendez is a total boss. He´s so cool. He didn´t judge me because I´m not a bass or baritone, but I played for a lot of basses and baritones and got to hear him judge. Way sick dude. I´m looking forward to when we can play and sing together. Prepare somthing for the ward Christmas Party haha. I want to play for Kracht next year because I loved doing solo and ensemble. I am proud of you for learning a song on the piano. When did your intrest spike into piano all of a sudden?

I´m glad you had fun Paige at the caucus. I´m really looking forward to voting for Romney after the mission. He´s totally going to win. His Dad was Marion G. Romney right? I thought he was.

Send my congratulations to Lauren and Joey for me. Given that I can´t send an email to anyone besides family. I need to send a letter to Daniel´s family here pretty soon. Where are Lauren and Joey living by the way?

Okay, from Argentina...

Well, word on the street is that the Buenos Aires Temple is supposed to open in August after almost three years of being closed. Hopefully it opens when it´s supposed to, because I want to be able to go through the temple here.

The branch here is defnitely improving. The members are more willing to help us, given that they are seeing a growth in weekly attendance and baptisms. They are finally starting to get on board with us when it comes to the missionary efforts here in Chacabuco.

My companion and I are doing well. Today, we start another six weeks together. The time is flying by so fast! Stewie completes 18 months in the mission tomorrow! Before you know it, he´ll be home! No te puedo creer (I can´t believe it).

Yes Mom, I wear my orthodics everyday since the beginning of my mission. They help a lot. I´m glad that you´ll get that bunion problem taken care of. How long have you had that same problem? I really long time!

Finally, its starting to cool down a little bit. It´s still hot, but its nothing compared to the 100-104 degree range that it was about a month ago. Today, its a comfortable 27 degrees celsius. Nice day.

Thank you so much for the money for the pants. I´m going to buy some today. Woo! New pants after a year and a half!

I don´t think I´m going to extend my mission. President is asking a lot of missionaries to extend, but they´re all Zone Leaders. I don´t think I´ll make it to Zone Leader, I think President is going to have me train for the rest of my mission. Ugh...

We had something rally cool happen this week. On Sunday, the Dad of my first baptism here received the Melchezidek Priesthood after three years of inactivity. He is now an elder in the branch and on Sunday, he´s going to have a calling. I love that family so much and I have been privileged to see the change the gospel has made to them over these past few months. The Mom, who didn´t want anything to do with the church, is now teaching in Relief Society and making visits to the sisters in the branch. She gives talks in Sacrament meeting often and is probably going to be in Young Womens here pretty soon. Every time we go to their house, the kids are reading from the Book of Mormon and they always tell us what they´re learning. They do family home evening every week without fail and have now become one of the strongest families in the branch here. I love the Gospel and I have a testimony that its true. The Gospel changes lives and brings the Spirit of God to all that receive it.

I love you guys and I always look forward to your letters. I look forward to the day when we can all, once again, be reunited...

Chau!




Élder Garrett Brighton Rook

Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste

"La mejor misión de todo el mundo...."


No comments:

Post a Comment