Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekly Letter August 8th. He said he sent a picture, but he didn't!

Hola mi famila!
Another week passes by in Argentina. Can you believe that I have been out ten months already? It´s so crazy! Where did that time go? At any rate, we worked like slaves this week. I don´t think I have ever been more tired in my entire mission. That´s why the time went by so fast. Sorry for the letter last week. I found it fun to write given that we got out okay and that it was quite an interesting ecperience, but I did not take into account that I have the Mom that I have...who loves me so much and wants to protect me in everything, so again I´m sorry for the scare.
Okay, to start. We suffered yet another sunday with zero in church. But, we weren´t too disanimated. Its tough though. I think the older days of missionary work were better. Now, it´s all a competition. The data for every area are posted every week, so the entire mission can see. So, if you had a bad week, everybody knows about it. I wonder what it would be like to just be dropped into an area without knowing what everybody else was doing. People are baptizing life crazy, and my area isn´t moving an inch. I only have 7 baptisms in 10 months, which is low on the mission average in this mission. But, I don´t know what to think anymore. Its kind of embarassing sometimes. Preach My Gospel says that we shouldn´t compare ourselves with other missionaries, but its hard given that everybody sees your terrible week, and that it´s published all over the mission. But, whatever. Sea lo que sea. It makes me wonder sometimes. I think that the Lord causes that we go through trials to test our character and faithfulness. Maybe that´s what´s going on here.
Anyway, no me voy a quejar más (I´m not going to complain anymore). Ashley Gay is getting married? Wow, didn´t waste anytime. To who and when? It´s like getting married is a fad now. Geez. Yeah, I met that slimeball that Brandy married when they dated. Doesn´t suprise me that he abused her, but that doesn´t make it less sad that it happened. Sorry, but people such as that have no business being on this earth. But, what are you going to do? He´ll be paying for that a little later.
Congrats to Gavin on the Eagle Project. Awesome, all of the Rook boys are going to be Eagle Scouts. That´s what I´m talkin´ about.
Man, everyone´s moving away! Who´s going to come to my homecoming party when I get back? Nobody, because they´re not going to live there anymore! Haha...trunky comment.
Sorry about your rest home Dad. Quite a story. Bummer about the bonus. But, it´s good that it´s all getting worked out.
Quite a week we had here. Sorry for this but I´ve just gotta say it! haha Remember those boys that we kicked out of the chapel last week? Okay, so we were working around the chapel again this week and noticed that a couple of people were screaming at us from about 3 blocks away. We looked and every single one of the boys that we kicked out formed an "angry mob" that was after us. Haha We ended up talking to the head honcho of the the group, because he approached us, and told him to knock it off, leave us alone, and that we don´t want any trouble from them, because that´s the last thing we want. He agreed and told the other guys to back off and leave us alone as well. Blessing number two. :-)
Okay, my comp and I decided to start a fast on Saturday. We started the fast in the morning and went out to work. Not 20 minutes later, we found a family of 6 that invited us in their house and we taught them all! The Mom knew who we were, because her parents are members of the church in Bolivia and she wondered about what we taught. The entire family is interested and we´re taking them to church on sunday. The Lord is mindful of his children everywhere. Blessing number three.
Anyway, gotta go. I´ll write next week. Enjoy the pictures I sent. I know, the jersey I´m wearing is pretty sick right? Happy Birthday to me...haha I love you all!
Con todo el amor que poseo en mi corazón,
--
Élder Garrett Brighton Rook
"Mi proposito es invitar a lodas las personas a venir a Cristo..."

No comments:

Post a Comment