Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Letter December 7th

Hey Everybody!
Well, I made it to Argentina! And its hotter than blazes down here! There are so many people and more dogs! I just wanted to email and say that I am safe and I made it okay. The flight was extremely long and very uneventful. It was a whole 10 hours! Our apartment is something else. Its a two bedroom, the main room is just as hot as it is outside, and the bedroom is fairly cool with a super noisy air conditioner. My new companion is awesome! His name is Elder Cortes, is from Colombia, and he speaks very little English. He is the nicest guy on the planet. We didn´t waste anytime today. We touched down in Buenos Aires and drove to the mission office. We greeted some other new missionaries from all over other Latin countries and got to meet our Mission President. He is so cool and definititely made me feel welcome. Its definitely a whole new world down here and it´ll take me a while to get accostumed to it. But, I´m excited nonetheless. We were walking around getting some errands done and we were contacting people. We met like two nice people out of 15 who were actually courteous to us, at least I could tell by the tone of there voice, because I didn´t know what they were saying :-( Its going to be a very long next couple weeks, but it´ll get better once I know the drill. Anyway, I´ve got to go so I will talk to you later!
¡Vive Argentina!
Élder Garrett Rook
P.S. I will send more pictures once I get more time and I remember to bring my camera :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment