Thursday, December 9, 2010

¡Hola!

Thanks for sending an email back! It´s so good to hear from you guys.
Know that I love you and I think about you everyday (not that I´m
getting trunky at all, because I´m not) but I still miss you all
terribly. I wish you could all be here with me, because It´s so
beautiful here! Minus the heat of course. The people here are the
nicest you have ever met, well the members are anyway. I have had
Empanadas twice since I got here. It filo dough filled with meat and
sometimes scrambled eggs and other spices and then pan fried. They´re
pretty much the best thing the world. I´m really getting sick of the
cucarach music here, but I guess I will learn to love it, after all,
I´ve still got a while to go. The food here is pretty good, when you
an get it from good places. My first area is a little city called
Moréno, its like Coeur d´Alene compared to Spokane. The people here
are either dirt poor or they do pretty well for themselves. We helped
somebody build a house the other day. Nothing but brick and mortar and
concrete, no insulation. We poured cement and laid bricks, it was
pretty tough work, with the heat and all. We live in a tiny apartment
above a soccer uniform shop. The place is boiling hot during the day,
because the only AC unit we have is in the bedroom. So our bedroom is
nice and cozy while the main room could boil water if you left it out.
Coming out in the field made me realize how bad my Spanish is, but the
members seem to understand cause they smile and give me very kind
looks when I speak. My companion is super nice and helps me a lot. Our
Mission President is pretty much the man. He is the kindest man I have
probably met in my life, and he loves the new missonaries. Plus, its
super nice that he´s from Boston because he speaks English. Mom, don´t worry
about me having money in my account. The exchange rate here is pretty
amazing. I saw a hamburger the other day for one and a helf pesos.
That roughly converts to $0.56. I didn´t get my package yet, but
everybody gets mail here on Tuesday when we have district meeting, so
I may get it on tuesday. Anyway, I´ve got to go so I will talk to you
later. I love you all, and I will see you soon.

Con amor,
Élder Garrett Brighton Rook
Misión Buenos Aires Oeste

No comments:

Post a Comment