Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June 18, 2012

Hola, 

     Well, another day another dollar in Argentina. The time is flying by faster and faster everyday. I wake up in the morning and then, all of a sudden, I`m back in bed at night. Crazy. Anyway, not to try to break the surprise, but I am really curious as to which photo you will be using for my missionary plaque. Just curious. I`ll think of my favorite scripture this week. There are just so many! But, on Monday, you`ll have it for sure. I promise.
     Thanks for all the letters I got this week. I think a congratulations is in order. PAIGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You have a job! Thats awesome! I`m happy now. Work your butt off and be the best employee there. You don`t want to let Bishop Polluck down. You`ll be awesome. 
     I really miss going to the temple. I haven`t been in more than a year and a half! I am so excited to go through the Buenos Aires Temple before I head out. It gets re-dedicated on the 9th of september. We found out that the missionaries will be attending the cultural event and we`ll be having a multi-mission meeting afterwards with Elders Eyring, Ballard, and Cristofferson. Look up the temply dedication on LDS.org. So, that will be pretty amazing. I`m excited, but now as I look forward to that, my time is going to go by faster here, and that stinks. 
     We`re a really cool family right? We have Thurgoods, Grassles...what more can you ask for? 
     Anyway, my week was pretty boring to tell you the truth. I went to capital today and talked with about 10 missionaries from the Buenos Aires North mission. It was nice to see other missionaries. I talked to a sister missionary who knew a sister in my zone in the MTC who served in the north mission, pretty cool. I enjoy living in an apartment with four elders. Its a lot of fun. But, my companion is the only non-american out of the four. We try to include him in everything, but I think he`s a little anti-social .We speak spanish in front of him and everything, but nothing. Hopefully, I can raise his ànimo a little bit. 
     We have good investigators but we`re really struggling with them getting to church. They always tell us that, yeah we`ll go to church, but then we show up at their house to take them and they either don`t answer, we hear people inside, or they come up with excuses. Is it that hard to dedicate three measly hours of your most un-eventful life to do something worthwhile? Maybe its too much to ask. But, we keep swimming. 
     My companion is really cool. He`s 24 and is a convert of 2 years. All of my companions are converts. Anyway, he loves to work and has a great testimony. He has a really hard time with the language, since he`s from Brazil, so he speaks Portugese. But, he`s learning and I`m learning a little portugese at the same time. So, I`ll be able to talk to Brother De Souza when I get home. 
     Anyway, thats pretty much it for my week. I hope that you are all okay and in high spirits and that you`re not too trunky for me, because I`m not. Haha I love you guys and I look forward to seeing you soon.   

Chau! 


Élder Garrett Brighton Rook
 Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
        "La mejor misión de todo el mundo..."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment