Friday, March 18, 2011

March 14, weekly letter




Hey Everybody!
Glad to have gotten your letter last week. I always enjoy them. I´m glad to hear about the move, and that it went well.
I have heard about the disaster in Japan. I did see some of the footage on TV here. Although we aren´t supposed to watch TV, we catch glimpses of it in the member´s homes. Terrible. I saw the footage Dad was talking about. A 30 foot wave, swallowing the cars as they tried to drive away to safety. I think it is truly the signs of the times. Disasters in divers places. Turns out the tidal wave hit parts of Mexico and Chile as well.
I don´t remember Sister Skogen, but I read the short little article on Spokesman Review about the case. It´s really sad. I couldn´t live with myself if I did something like that. But, at the same time, who does that? A little boy wets his pants and you push him up against a wall? Poor kid. I couldn´t imagine. But, he is now enjoying all the blessings of Celestial Glory with Our Father in Heaven.
Just send the card in the box with my other stuff. Or, you can send it in an envelope to the address that I provided a few letters back. Even if the card doesn´t show up to me, nobody will be able to use it. Just send the card and a short note, tri-folded, so nobody will notice that there is a card inside the envelope.
Well, we end another week in Argentina, and I am getting over a herendous cold. We did divisions on Tuesday, and we were out working all day, in the sun. We returned to the apartment and I didn´t feel so good. I woke up the next morning and I was as sick as a dog! So, we spent about two days in the apartment while I rested. But now, I feel a lot better.
We´ve had a lot of rain this week, and because of that, the temperature is about in the 65-70 degree range. I am loving it! The days are perfect right now!
On Saturday, in an effort to find new investigators and get to know the members, I am going to be teaching English as a Second Language to the members of our ward. We got the authorization from the Mission President the other day.
I was reading in the Ensign and I found an article that you guys would like to read. It´s from 2007, a talk by President Monson while he was in the First Presidency. It´s called "The Gift of Compassion" and it´s so good. It definitely makes somebody want to serve somebody else. The other is especially for Gavin. Both of the links follow:
I´m afraid I don´t have any pictures this week, because the battery died on my camera as I hooked it up to the computer in the Internet Café today. I forgot to charge the battery last night. So, next week.
Sorry this letter is a little short, but I´m afraid I don´t have much to talk about this week, given that I was in the apartment for 2 and a half days. Send everybody my love in the ward. I love you so much and I look forward to the day when we will be reunited again.
¡Hasta semana que viene!
(Until next week)
Elder Garrett Brighton Rook
Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
La mejor misión de todo el mundo
P.S. Some other things you might want to include in the box:
Concerning the CD´s: Just send the actual CDs. It doesn´t matter. If you want to send copies you can, but I can always buy new ones when I get back. But, the mix CD that Gavin is making I do want, because it contains music from other CD´s that I do not have. And make that three copies of my CD. One for me, another for the president, and the other for the offices. I want the box ASAP because I´m getting tired of the CDs that the mission has. Haha, but seriously there is no rush. :-)
New Polish from Bass: Two sponges, one of oil and the other of black polish. If it´s possible of course. Mine are dried up.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Elder, venga a comer unas milanesas a casa!!!!! Saludos del Bishop Benitez and Family

    ReplyDelete